Reset password for AgileBits Forum

Options
three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Lounge

For iMac, iPad, iPhone...where may I update my Agile Bits PWD? I search everywhere but that data is hidden

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:This is embarrassing! I need to change (actually improve) my Agilebits PWD.

Comments

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Usually a Manage Profile is available on most sites..Saw none in Agile Bits?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Just to double-check.

You mean the password for this forum, not your Master Password? The two are not related, so it does make a difference.

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Oh...This forum....it needs updating...can't find spot to do that...Jim b

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @three-cushion,

I hope you don't mind, I've moved this discussion thread to our General - Lounge forum, as it's not iOS-specific.

On the sign-in page for this forum, click on "Forgot Your Password?" and follow the steps to have your password reset.

Cheers!

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Well...I lost you! Thanks

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

BTW. What is this Lounge business...never heard of it...

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I "finally" got the AgileBits PW updated! What a hassle! Glad I don't do those girations when I update one of my site
    PWs! ... And what is the purpose of Lounge? I don't come to AgileBits often since I have very few problems w/1PW!

finally...what is an easy way to get the data you want ...1PW version,..Extension version (what is This?) I can do the iMac and Sync names OK....

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @three-cushion,

Our forums are broken up into several areas and most are specifically to do with the actual 1Password application on the various platforms that we support. The Lounge section is aimed at more general chat and as we don't have a section targeted at the actual forums it's a good a place as any. As well as answer questions we try to make sure queries are in the right section so that

1. They get the attention from the right people. Most of us are more knowledgeable about one or two platforms than the others so while I will attempt the occasional 1Password for Android question if it's requiring anything in-depth I know some of my friends here at AgileBits are far better equipped to answer.
    2. It can help others with the same issue if they're looking in the same place.

So that's why we move stuff and what the Lounge section is kind of about, a general everything else that doesn't fit elsewhere thing.

Now if you're having problems with 1Password and we've asked you about versions then the following links should help and I always include them if asking.

As not everybody knows where to look.

Does that help? If you have other questions keep them coming :smile:

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

DThanks! However for Extensions....one can ONLY get Preferences while running OS10... Right? IOS versions of Safari have no such options. So, I can see the extensions in the OS10 versions of Safari...how do I know those options are being carried forward to the iOS versions of Safari? And in your IBrowser version? I guess I Depend on Sync to make sure the iOS versions of Safari are properly set.
    Or, I just don't know how to find the Safari preferences in iOS... I hope this isn't a silly question!

• @three-cushion My apologies for the late reply here. I'm not quite sure what you're looking for in the realm of preferences. On iOS, you can enable and disable the extension, and you can do the same on OS X. There are some options on OS X that are exclusive to the OS due to limitations of iOS, like automatically submitting forms after filling them and reporting a website issue. Let us know if you're referring to those or something else.

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

I think I receive the answers I was asking about....it came from the 1PW guides sometimes use jargon from OS 10 while talking about iOS....

I'm OK now

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Ok ...I Still don't know how Extensions are used in iOS. .??
    1) the 1Browser version of Safari...where does one check the Extension version!
    2) in the iOS version of Safari...how does one check the version of Extensions??

You see...in OS X there is a Preference pane one uses to check this,

How do I check the version # in the iOS version of Safari??

I'm confused

Is Extensions ONLY used to auto fill a Login sequence? Where else is it useful?

You say that in iOS one can disable or enable the Extension...OK...How precisely?

Jim b

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Did you get my last message? Maybe it went to wrong forum??

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

OK...I'm back.... I think I have the answer for sure!! For iOS Safari you set the Extensions set up by using the Share button. ....Fine!

Now my dilemma was trying to set the Extensions up for for 1Browser! You can't....??
    I guess b/c the Extension style option is already BUILT IN to 1Browser....right?

And of course I remember how to set Extensions in OS 10.

So please reply if I now have it....
    Thanks

PS I did learn to find the 1PW version # In iOS by looking at the 1PW settings under the "Recommend" paragraph....is that also right?

Jim B
    PPS. I did get Chrome to work. Both under iOS & under OS10
    Ignored Firefox...I don't use it..

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hey there @three-cushion,

Now my dilemma was trying to set the Extensions up for for 1Browser! You can't....??
    I guess b/c the Extension style option is already BUILT IN to 1Browser....right?

Exactly right! 1Browser is part of 1Password, rather than a separate app that needs an extension to integrate with 1Password, such as Safari.

PS I did learn to find the 1PW version # In iOS by looking at the 1PW settings under the "Recommend" paragraph....is that also right?

Yep! Sounds like you found it.

Let us know if you have any other questions for us. We're happy to help. Cheers! :)

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Well, I forgot ...the original question was to find how to FIND the Extension version #! So I know how to SET up the Extension in iOS...but where is the Extension version. #...??
    The 1Pw version # is under the Recommend setting... Where do I find the Version # of the iOS Extension??
    Isn't that something you need beneath each post??

Wow...this is making me dizzy...

Jim B

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @three-cushion,

Sorry for the confusion :smile:

On the two desktop operating systems, OS X and Windows the extension is a separate download for anybody wanting to use Firefox, Chrome or if OS X Safari too. For those browsers and those platforms we direct people to 1Password Browser Extensions and the version number changes independently of both 1Password for Mac and Windows - it has its own development cycle and even developers. So 1Password for Mac and Windows rely on these extensions but in terms of development they're very independent. The result is asking for just the version of the 1Password application never tells you the full story.

Now 1Password for iOS is a very different beast. The extension has to be packaged inside the actual application and you can't download a different version. The only way to get a newer iOS 1Password Extension is to download a newer version of 1Password for iOS. So we don't talk about the version number of the extension there because it is so intimately tied to 1Password for iOS that it's meaningless. By asking you what version of 1Password for iOS you are running we know exactly what version of the extension is there, indeed it's the only version you can possibly have.

So if I needed to know a bit more about somebody having problems with 1Password for iOS I might ask the following questions.

1. What version of iOS are you running?
    2. What version of 1Password are you running?

While in contrast if I know somebody is asking about a Mac I would ask the following

1. What version of OS X are you running?
    2. What version of 1Password are you running?
    3. What is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    4. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?

While in both sets of questions I ask what version of 1Password are you running one points to a page for OS X and the other points to a page for iOS.

If I have no clue where you might be running 1Password and I need to keep the questions general I would maybe use something like the following

1. If you are not on a mobile device (iOS or Android), what is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    2. As above, If you are not on a mobile device (iOS or Android), what version of the 1Password extension is installed?

and you'll notice the bold used.

So there are times where the idea of an extension version isn't applicable but we don't have the fine-grained control over the different areas in the forum to say, these questions here, this other set of questions here. So if you were asking about 1Password for iOS and you're seeing something like

1Password Version:
    Extension Version:
    OS Version:
    Sync Type:

then you could say N/A for extension version on iOS and that would be completely accurate. Similarly, if you're contacting us about a filling issue it's very unlikely sync is related and so you can ignore that bit even if you do synchronise your vault.

This might be a slight lengthier explanation that you were anticipating so I apologise. I hope it's useful though :smile:

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Littlebobbytables: Fantastic explanation! And I appreciate the depth of explanation. You know, I kinda figured out the answer I posed since iOS &OS10 are totally different beasts. My first OS was OS 6...... So I think like such. IOS is a solid piece of SW but it is Not a general purpose OS! Many users today don't realize this or they just don't care. That's why when I linked to the answer of what vers of Extension do you have ( as a iOS user) the text talks about Preferences, etc. ..which don't exist in IiOS apps. That was my confusion. I looked too hard at an easy question! Thanks again...as I posted earlier, I don't visit the Forum very often. Why? I just don't have problems with 1PW! I don't use multi vaults, etc. I do have about 130+ logins , I sync w/ Dropbox (never w/ iCloud!) and everything just works.
    My iOS is 9.2.1 whereas I'm still on old reliable OS10.8.5. I have an iPad & a iPhone. Thanks again...great support is a 1PW feature.....

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @three-cushion,

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're most welcome. I'm so glad he was able to explain that so well for you! :) And thank you so much for the kind words! It's great to hear that 1Password is working well for you on your chosen platforms.

As you mentioned, ideally 1Password "just works" and you don't need to contact us at all, but we're definitely happy to help you out whenever you may need it. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.