Whats is going to be in 6.1?

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hello,

as I just saw you got version 6.0 out of the door. And read in some threats that the roadmap for version 6.1 is already existing. So what is going to be in it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hah! You move quickly, @ntimo :)

I think you meant "treats", not "threats". We have a lot of treats for you planned, but no threats :P

Just kidding, I know you meant "threads". I think the threads you're referring to is the OPVault and Android 4 support for Teams where I said neither of those are likely to make it into 6.1. The reason for that is we're hoping to have 6.1 out quite soon as I know both of those features will take more time than the team has.

To be completely honest this list isn't finalized yet. It's close, but I don't want to enumerate all our plans here as you never know when something will take longer than you expect. A lot will be focused improvements and polish, but we have some bigger treats as well. Of course, being on the beta team, you're going to see what's in store pretty quick as we're planning on starting the 6.1 betas this week.

I would love to switch the question around though: after using version 6 for a while now, what do you want to see in 6.1?

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@dteare I would like a search redesign if you ask me. And Well maybe Support for adding 2 factor keys and 1Pw Teams document support.

I can't wait to see the new beta this week ;)

• SteBae
    SteBae
    Community Member

Besides OPVault support I'd like to see a much faster way to access search. Right now it takes quite a few taps to even get to search.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

+1 on search improvements. I'd like to see the app open up (after being unlocked) in search mode with the keyboard already activated, I'd like to see search accessible from every 1PW screen, and I'd like search to actually search through all fields, not just titles.

I'd also like to see OpVault, but based on the level of effort for OpVault implied in previous comments, perhaps search improvements are more realistic for 6.1.

• +10 on search improvements :)

This is actually #1 and #2 on my list. I can't tell you when I was promised this would be available, but I will say it's very soon. And if it's not, I'll kick @mverde for you ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@dteare So the search improvements are number 1 and optvault is number 2 on your list? Iam asking just to get this right.

And have fun kicking mverde :p just making some fun.

• Close, but not quite. There's a hell of a lot more things to do than just those two items. Oh, what I'd do for a TO-DO list with just two :)

• mortstar
    mortstar
    Community Member

Just wanted to +1 on search improvement. It should be universally accessible and universal search IMO...I know you've already said it's on the list but I know the more voices you hear the more you understand demand.

Another thing I'd be looking for is a little polish on the keyboard. I never actually need the keyboard as I'm just using the fill function (or worst case copy & paste for extra form fields), perhaps the QWERTY part of the keyboard could be optional/expandable and it just shows a big padlock icon for getting to the vault.

Have to say, beta 3 of 6.0 is really the first time I've enjoyed using 1P on Android so thank you AgileBits for that. I'm using a Nexus 5X and fingerprint unlock on keyboard filling is a really nice experience.

• sdelmont
    sdelmont
    Community Member

I'd love to see support for multiple vaults.

I share a vault with my wife on our macs, but we can't access it on android and that limits the usefulness of this setup.

• I'm glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password on Android, @mortstar. That's great news! I've heard good things about the Nexus 5X, I almost got the black one myself. In the end I went with the white 6P and have been pretty happy. And thanks for sharing your thoughts on where we can improve.

@sdelmont: We're actually supporting multiple vaults already via our teams features. I'm using them right now and loving it. I have a team for my family, and a separate team for AgileBits so I can keep my work and personal information organized. I wrote about my setup and I think you'll enjoy reading about it:

Staying Organized with 1Password for Teams

All I need to do is add these teams on my Android and all my vaults appear automatically. Here's how my Vault Switcher looks. That screenshot is actually a sneak peek from my upcoming blog post that I hope to get out later this week.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@dteare The screenshot looks nice. Is this the new menu that is going to be in the new beta? And will this amazing share icon be included?

• sdelmont
    sdelmont
    Community Member

@dteare that's what I feared, that the multi-vault feature was being deprecated by teams. I've already paid for 1P on mac and android, and while I understand the value of a subscription model for you (and for us users too, since it gives you a reason to keep improving the app) I find the cost a bit too high for a "family" scenario. $120 a year just for 2, and double that if I'd bring the kids into the team?

I'd love to see a "family plan", closer to, say, $50 a year. Even with limited features.

I am very happy to see all the progress you guys have made on the Android app recently (and on 1P 6 overall). And I do think that "Teams" is a very good direction for the company, but it doesn't seem to fit my personal needs.

• nickjbedford
    nickjbedford
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

Woo! Search button on the front page of 6.1b1! Such a simple thing yet a profound improvement in UX.

/bows

• SteBae
    SteBae
    Community Member

^^ This! ;)

• @ntimo: That screenshot was taken with the official 6.0 release. You need to add you team to see it.

@sdelmont: I can see where you're coming from and why you might think that, but I didn't say that we were deprecating anything. Ideally we will indeed have Multiple Vault support within non-teams as we'd love to have feature parity. I say "ideally" specifically because it's not implemented yet, and I have learned long ago not to promise anything until it is implemented :)

Given how much work remains on our Android To-Do list, there's a chance things will go the way you said, but our hope is to get to feature parity as much as possible across all platforms.

As for the "family plan", I have an awesome newsletter that I have already written and it talks about something you'll be very interested in. We just need a bit more time to dot a few i's and cross a few t's, but I hope to send out this announcement soon. Be sure to subscribe to our blog and our newsletter to be among the first to know.

And by the way, thank you for the kind words about version 6.0; it's always great to hear. The team worked hard on it and they made a ton of progress. <3

@nickjbedford, @SteBae: I'm glad you're loving the 6.1 beta! I too wanted better search and am so happy to have that journey started already. I'm @mverde's toughest customer and am already pushing him for several other search improvements, but I'll be sure he sees this thread to help give him fuel for his fire :)

Take care,

++dave;

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@dteare I really like the new search. And can't wait for the newsletter will you send it out this week? ;) I just wanted to sugjest that when you search the results maybe should be displayed as the normal items are display and not in this popup kind of way.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@dteare I have to say I really love the beta. Just got the update today morning. Oh and maybe for what I sad with the search maybe you could have a look at how whatsapp implentet the search on android. I would like it the same way :)

• Hahah @ntimo! You're trying to extract dates from me again. You're crafty! I'm not gonna fall for it as I've already said too much :)

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new search. I personally agree with you about removing the search popup, and am talking with the team now about doing exactly that. There are some reasons for keeping it that I quite frankly don't understand yet, so time will tell.

Anyway, thanks again for being part of the beta family and sharing your love! :)

Take care,

++dave;

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@dteare Iam sorry but someone has to do the job ;) It would be really nice if the search could be modified this way :)

• It's great to have you on the job! :)

<3

• juanii
    juanii
    Community Member

@dteare

Given how much work remains on our Android To-Do list, there's a chance things will go the way you said, but our hope is to get to feature parity as much as possible across all platforms.

One of the things I like the most about 1Password and one that made me decide for it instead of other solutions is that you can use it 100% offline, so I beg you to keep it in the backlog. I understand there's some overlapping with the Teams feature but really, for some of us (I hope I'm not the only one :)) it's very important.

Regards

• Thank you for letting us know this is important to you and adding your vote. We'll see what we can do :)

++dave;

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@dteare What about adding a feature to the keyboard to fill in TTOP codes? That would make my life so much easier.

• sdelmont
    sdelmont
    Community Member

@dteare I stand corrected. The new Family plan is exactly what I needed to convert from shared vaults (and teach my kids proper password hygiene)

• @ntimo Before @dteare jumps in and threatens to kick me for not adding TOTP ;), let me start by saying that we just published our release candidate for 6.1 today. If all goes well with testing, 6.1 will be published on Google Play shortly. While this means that TOTP in the 1Password Keyboard is definitely not making its way into 6.1, Dave and I have been discussing it and we both agree that it would be a very useful addition.

@sdelmont We've been thrilled to see how well-received 1Password for Families has been. We are confident that it satisfies a very real need (I know it certainly does for my family), and I'm glad to hear that it does for you too!

• Hey guys,

Sorry I've been "gone" for a while. 1Password Families has been amazing and I've been focused there for the last week. I had procrastinated the blog posts and newsletter until the last minute so I was madly scrambling all last weekend to get that all sorted :)

@ntimo: TOTP is something I really want as well. We'll see if @mverde makes Android the first platform where this is possible. I hope to beat him on the Mac side of the world, but he's likely going to try distracting me so he can win :p

@sdelmont: AWESOME!! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Yeah, I'm pretty damned stoked about 1Password Families as well. It solves some very difficult issues, and as I mentioned in some other posts, had leapfrogged Android to the front of the pack in many ways.

By the way guys, did you see my Nexus 6P post? I was hoping to see more comments there to be honest. Perhaps I simply posted it on a busy day?

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@mverde please beat the IOS team in implementing TTOP filling. @dteare if you beat him with this Iam really going to be angry :p . I have read the blog post but I have a 6P myself so it was kind of nothing new for me :chuffed:

Edit: What about adding support for searching by Tags, or having a category where all tags are listet into

• Honestly I'm not working on TOTP at the moment, but every time I log into a service where I have it enabled, I contemplate cracking open my editor and implementing the damn thing :)

Searching by tags should totally be a thing at some point. And yeah, they should make their way into the primary UI at some point as well.

As for the blog post, I'm glad you read it. Just so you know, the Families post got 23.4 times more comments than my Android post. So what do you think I'll be writing more about? Just saying ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@dteare Maybe you should do a mixture of both. I have to say when I read the announcement I kind of freaked out a bit, because I was so happy :dizzy: . I really enjoy Teams and also I really love to have it in the android app :) Because folders are no longer supported tags should be a must have feature of the search or the app in generell. By the way does the ios app have them?

• Maybe. I'm not sure. I really liked having the blog posts separate as they allowed me to focus on the different points I wanted to make. On Android I wanted to share how awesome the new 1Password 6 is on Android, all through the lens of my new 6P. For my family post I really wanted to highlight what 1Password Families was and the important problems that it solves.

Anyway, "freaked out" because you were so happy is exactly what I was going for, so I'm glad I hit the mark there :)

As for iOS, I can't remember. I haven't launched 1Password on iOS since I unboxed my 6P ;)

This discussion has been closed.