Wifi Sync FROM Android TO Mac

Options
8feathers
8feathers
Community Member

Hi Support Team,
the usability of your 1password App, the 1password mini and the whole thing itself is really great. Therefore I am quite disappointed about the very complicated Wifi Sync process. It seems like it is only an alternative syncing option. Because of security measures, Dropbox and "Cloud"-Stuff is absolutely no option for me personally. I understand it's safe and everything, but I don't use these kind of services in general.

Here is my problem:
I synced 1password from my Mac to an Android device. Now I want to sync the vault from the Android device to another Mac.
Because there is no direct Wifi sync between Macs, I am doing it with the Android Device "in between".

All I want do, is transfer the vault from my old Mac to the new one.

What I tried is the following:
Login to vault on Android, go to settings -> Sync -> activate Wifi Sync
Then create NEW vault on Mac with same Master-Password (because thats what I read in the instructions),
go to preferences, Wifi Sync. Now the Mac shows a Wifi sync code. But thats not what I need.

I am trying to solve this problem since this morning (4 hours) and can not work at all, because I cannot login to any account.
Please help me.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• Hi @8feathers. Thanks for getting in touch with us!

1Password on Android allows you to configure Wi-Fi sync with any single vault on any single device. However, once Wi-Fi sync has been configured, it's not possible to sync with another computer without first resetting or reinstalling the app.

Further, Wi-Fi sync is supported between one Mac or Windows computer and one or more mobile devices.

Because of this, you won't be able to sync the vault from Android to the second Mac. If you wish to avoid using Dropbox, I recommend using Folder Sync between the two Macs, while continuing to sync the first Mac with Android using Wi-Fi.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions. :)

• iamhukai
    iamhukai
    Community Member
    Options

This is exactly my problem, I have my old computer synced with my Android phone and I lost my computer, now I got a new Mac, then I am facing the problem of not able to sync the data from my Android phone to my new Mac.

Please do not tell me I have copy each item manually.

• peri
    Options

Hi @iamhukai. We've recently added an export feature on Android. Please launch 1Password on your Android and tap Settings > Advanced > Export primary vault. This will create a .opvault folder containing your vault data in your Android's local storage.

Then connect the Android device to your new Mac using a USB cable and copy the .opvault folder onto the Mac. Double-click it and it should open right up in 1Password on the Mac. Do you see all of your data on the Mac now? If so, you can simply reinstall 1Password on Android to configure Wi-Fi sync with this new computer. Let me know how that goes!

This discussion has been closed.