1Password is using my old email address as a user name. How do I change it to my new email address?

kgorske
kgorske
Community Member

1Password is using my old email address as a user name. How do I change it to my new email address?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:fix-website-login

Comments

• Hey @kgorske! Simply launch the app, unlock it, click the item that is using the old email, and click Edit in the bottom right. Then edit the username field to reflect the new email and click Save in the bottom right. Hope that helps. :)

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

This relates to Agile Bits (AB) website. Email address (user name) in 1P is correct ([email address removed by AgileBits]). But in order to enter AB I have to put in my old email address ([email address removed by AgileBits]). I have to somehow get to the original entry into AB to correct this. Any idea how that works? Ken Gorske

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kgorske,

I removed your email addresses from your message - this is a public forum and is searchable by Google, so it's not a good idea to post that sort of personal information here.

If you have an account on a website and want to change your username/email address that you use to sign in, you'll need to sign into that site, find the account settings, and change it from there. If you have a Login item for that site/account saved in 1Password, you'll also need to remember to update that Login item with the new username/email address so it matches. It sounds like you changed the email address in your Login item but did not change anything in your account settings on the website.

If you're having trouble changing your email address on one of our websites, can you please let us know exactly which one?

This discussion has been closed.