How much longer are we going to be in beta?

Options

We love 1Password for Teams and are in the beta, and we are wondering when we can switch back to the non-beta software. We are constantly having to update the mac app, and the extensions, and the frequencies of the beta updates is a drag on our workflow. We have had some major sync issues when we have not had all clients updated, and so we are really looking forward to more stable releases, and releases that don't require new extensions to be downloaded every time. Any news on leaving beta status, and moving to the publicly released app?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.0.2 (602004) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.4.b3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey MacHelp,

While 1Password for Teams is still in beta, there is no need to follow the beta releases of the 1Password for Mac app or the 1Password for iOS app . The stable releases have supported 1Password for Teams for a while now. If you go in to preferences, then to Updates, you can safely uncheck "Include Beta Builds".

As for when we're out of beta, that depends. I want to say, "When we're ready!" because we don't want to ship something to you that isn't as great as we can make it. It'll be soon, which is a bit vague, but we're hard at work at adding some few missing pieces and tightening up the workflows so you have the best experience we can manage. We already consider 1Password for Teams stable and safe to trust and use.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
    Steven

• Hello @MacHelp,

Steven's answer is a great and I think it will answer your question, but I had a question for you. You mentioned that you are constantly needing to update the 1Password extension, and I'm curious why this is the case. We've only had a handful of extension updates since September, so I'm uncertain why you would keep being asked to update it. Also, most browsers update the 1Password extension automatically, so for the most part you shouldn't even notice.

Could you shed some more light on what you're seeing? I'm guessing that you used the term "extension" loosely and I simply misunderstood, but just in case I thought I better ask :)

Thanks!

• MacHelp
    MacHelp
    Community Member
    Options

Well we were more wondering when we can go back to the Mac App store version of the app and have it support teams. As far as our extension issues, we have had the safari extension not load our vaults when we click on it if it is not updated manually from your site, and thus fully "reinstalled". While the issue is not a constant thing, we have noticed we have to do that sometimes after installing a beta update of the non-mac app store version of the app. Thanks!

• @MacHelp Oh, you can do that now actually. We added support for Teams to the Mac App Store app in version 6.0. :) The extension issue you had is one that should have been fixed a few versions ago so you shouldn't need to worry about it. However, if it does come up again, please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.