Attachments in Secure Notes and Task Manager issue

Bill_W
Bill_W
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Android

I am seeing two issues.

1. I had to change an attachment (pdf file) I have embedded in a secure note. This change has reflected on all platforms except Android. I can see some changes on the Android version. Free text changes are reflected on all devices no matter where the change is made.

2.I raised an issue where screen data was retained in the Android Task manager last year . This is still occurring with this beta.

Cheers,

Bill

1Password Version: Android Beta
Extension Version: 6.1b1
OS Version: 5.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hello Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to share these issues with us.

Regarding the attachment issue, I'm not sure why this would be happening. It sounds like syncing is working just fine for the items themselves as your text changes are appearing correctly. Attachments are stored and synced as a second step, so it sounds like they are getting stuck somewhere. We download all your attachments at once, which can sometimes cause the Dropbox rate limiter to kick in (I'm assuming you're using Dropbox; please correct me if I guessed wrong).

As a test, could you try creating a brand new item and adding a new attachment there? That will help us understand things a bit better.

Regarding the second issue with the Android Task manager taking a picture of your 1Password screen, I cannot reproduce this issue. We have enabled a setting within our build that disables all screenshots, both manual and automatic. Could you test that this setting is working for you by manually taking a screenshot of 1Password? Normally if you press the sleep/wake button and the volume-down button simultaneously, and hold them down for a few seconds, your screen should flash and you'll have a screenshot saved to your camera app. This should not happen with 1Password, however, as we have that setting disabled.

In addition to the result of the screenshot test, other information that would help would be a screenshot of the Task Manager showing the issue, and to know the specific version of Android (rooted or stock) that you're running.

I'm looking forward to hearing these answers and seeing the results of these tests so we can help you more :)

++dave;

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member

@dteare I believe this is the second issue Bill is seeing. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/55594/sometimes-see-data-at-the-app-switching-mode#latest the bug report I found says it was not able to be reproduced. Maybe another report to Google?

• Thanks for linking that, @MattAttack.

By the sounds of things @saad already opened an issue with Google and included a sample project. I can't find the issue and Saad is on a plane to Bangladesh at the moment, so we'll have to wait a while for him to update us on this issue.

++dave;

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member

I created a new note with attachments on a PC. This synced to the phone correctly and changes (add / delete) worked as expected. As I think back, could the issue have been that the documents I had issue with had the same name (in this case the 1PW Teams Emergency Kit).

• Thanks for the update, @Bill_W. I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by recreating the item. :)

Let us know if you have any further issues!

This discussion has been closed.