Android sync gets stuck in 6.0.1

Options
woodypecker
woodypecker
Community Member

My wife's phone upgraded to 1Password 6.0.1 yesterday and got stuck syncing with Dropbox. I uninstalled 1Password and then reinstalled it but the initial sync gets stuck at 220 items out of 613.

We use 1Password for all of our important information so without it working we are unable to perform our normal daily tasks :(

Please help,
Richard

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync gets stuck

Comments

• Hello Richard,

I'm sorry for the trouble. From the sounds of things, Dropbox started to rate limit 1Password. Normally this kicks in after a few hundred items and blocks you for only a few minutes, but it's possible other things were going on that caused Dropbox to be more aggressive with its rate limiter.

Unfortunately, uninstalling 1Password and starting again will only aggravate the rate limiter as you'll end up having to download even more files. Another thing that can surprise users is if you setup Dropbox and then leave 1Password, the operating system can decide to kill 1Password, thereby preventing the sync from ever completing.

To test this theory, can you open 1Password, unlock, and leave 1Password open for a few minutes to see if any additional items come down? The Dropbox rate limiter should have forgiven you by now. If your other items don't appear, please force the sync to start by pulling down on one of the list views; that should trigger syncing and you should see a spinner appear.

If none of this seems to help, please create a diagnostics report by following these instructions:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Be sure to include a short message about your issue, along with your forum name so we can connect the dots.

I hope that helps. Please let us know how it turns out.

++dave;

• woodypecker
    woodypecker
    Community Member
    Options

I have just emailed the diagnostic report to you. Sync still stopped after doing what you suggested

• peri
    Options

Thanks for sending the report, @woodypecker. I'm not able to find it under the email address you have registered here. Can you let me know the Support ID you received so I can track it down? Thanks!

• woodypecker
    woodypecker
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

It would have been under my wife's email address as the problem is on her phone. Her email address is removed by AgileBits and Peri Ahmadi has just emailed her asking for more information. I don't have a support Id just this conversation.

• peri
    Options

Thanks! That was me who responded. I'll take another look and get back to you!

• woodypecker
    woodypecker
    Community Member
    Options

In answer to your questions we have two PCs and two phones all 4 have 1Password and all 4 sync with the same Dropbox 1Password vault the PCs run Windows 10 64bit and the other phone is an HTC M7 running Android 5.0.2 the only device that won't sync is my wife's HTC M9. Currently the 1Password vault has 629 items and the problem only started when her phone was upgraded to 1Password 6.1.

• peri
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @woodypecker. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your synced devices.

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

—Android—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. We can continue the conversation over email to keep it in one place. Thanks very much!

• woodypecker
    woodypecker
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, the four diagnostic reports have been emailed to you with a link to this thread.

• peri
    Options

Thanks! I'll take a look and get back to you, and we can continue the conversation over email. :)

This discussion has been closed.