Feature Request: Padlocks, Pins and Safes

Options
Sokoal117
Sokoal117
Community Member

Many of us 1Password users use pin pads and padlocks throughout the day, and being able to store these codes/pins would be very useful. Not all padlocks are used regularly and having a category would be nice. I use a secure note, but having separate files for each lock with a description would be nice. Eg. Gun Safe combo 12-0-12, School Lock 23-0-23, Pin pad backdoor 4567.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I, indeed, have my bike (sadly not used as frequently as it ought to be) lock combination as a Secure Note in 1Password, which I've also listed on my Apple Watch.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this feature. Would be very amazing to be able to add this kind of data :+1:

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

+1 ...and to not have them show up as a weak password in Watchtower! :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the votes & requests! :)

I wanted to mention that even though we don't have specific item categories for padlocks, pin pads, safes, etc, you can still store all that information in 1Password. For example, you could create Login items for those (just leave the username & website fields blank).

The Secure Notes category is also a great option, and you can even add custom fields to organize your data the way you want. A post on our blog explains more about that: Secure all the things in Secure Notes

If you'd like to group those items together in 1Password, you can use Tags to do that.

Some of the links above are from the user guide for the Mac version of 1Password, but the suggestions should generally apply to the other supported platforms as well.

Anyway, just thought I'd jump in and make a few suggestions in case it helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.