Order of custom fields bug in android and web?

Options
ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hello,

when I create a custom fields on 1Pw for Mac they are sorted like this.

And in 1Password for Teams it looks like this:

For me its clearly a bug but maybe its not. Anyways. I hope this can be fixed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @ntimo

When displaying a Secure Note on most devices (web, iOS, Android) we show the custom fields at the top and then the actual Secure Note content below. We do this as the Secure Note content itself can be quite long and might otherwise hide the custom fields. With 1Password for Mac, there is more room and hence the Secure Note content is displayed at the top.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@Jeff Shiner Hmm, thats kind of bad for me :( Because it totally destroys my diary. Yes I keep my diary with 1Pw :dizzy:

• @ntimo I think a diary in 1Password is awesome. Can you please help me better understand how you keep your diary in a Secure Note and its custom fields? I am still not quite grasping what isn't working for you.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@Jeff Shiner I created a secure note and used the "note" section for the diary text. Than I created an custom section where I just put in my name as a kind of signature witch was below the note. And than under that a custom date and time filed. To set time and date. Because the date and time of a 1Pw item can't be changed as far as I know. It just looks like the first screenshot kind of. So the problem now was that the signature was displayed above the diary entity itself. Witch I fixed by removing the signature.

• rob
    Options

Hi, @ntimo.

That's cool. Definitely a use of Secure Notes I haven't heard of before! I'm sorry the different appearance messes things up for you. I wonder if you could simply include your name and the date inside the notes field itself? On the other hand, showing the custom fields at the top on mobile could be useful for you if you are scanning through items looking for a certain date perhaps?

This discussion has been closed.