Edition in 1Password 6 Android

Kasi Modem
Kasi Modem
Community Member

Hello,

I am a 1Password iOS user and I just switched to 1Password 6 Android.
I don't find how to use the edit function like the iOS version. When I choose "edit", I can change the existing informations, but not add new one like in the iOS version.
I would like to add a two step information by scanning a QR code, but I don't see how.
Is it possible or maybe not yet, or just in Android 6 (like the fingerprint function) ?
Thanks.

Android 5.0.1
1Password 6.0.1

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Kasi Modem and thanks for reaching out to us with your question. 1Password for iOS has the ability to create new fields for a given item type (we refer to these as custom fields because they aren't included in the default template for the item). 1Password for Android doesn't currently provide the ability to create custom fields (it's on our list of features to add), but it does allow you to view and edit ones that have already been created.

As a work around until custom field creation is supported in 1Password for Android, you could create the field in 1Password on a different device. For example, if you are syncing with 1Password for Mac, you could add the QR code to the login item there and then sync it with 1Password for Android. If you provide me with more details about which devices you are syncing, I should be able to give some more specific suggestions on how to set up your one-time passwords.

• Kasi Modem
    Kasi Modem
    Community Member

Hello,

That's what I did, I created my two step code in 1P Mac and synced it to the Android version.

Thanks a lot for all your fantastic job and your wonderful products, I really love it ;)

• I'm glad to hear that word for you. Thank you for your support and for providing excellent feedback!

This discussion has been closed.