I can not switch between vaults

roads
roads
Community Member

Hi,

I can only switch to the secondayry vault if I enter the primary password. So if its not me on the PC he can not access the secondary vault I made for him. This happens with El Capitan. Also on websites if I enter passwords I have to manually hit OK that’s new also.
Any way to fix this?

kind regards,

Peter

1Password Version: 6.01
Extension Version: 4.5.4b2
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:secondary vault

Comments

• Hi Peter,

With 1Password 6, the primary vault must be unlocked to view secondary vaults. It is not possible to directly unlock secondary vaults.

For your second issue, can you verify that auto submit logins is enable in the preferences?

• RatzRuebe
    RatzRuebe
    Community Member

Hi,
    I created secondary vaults for my family members. Everybody has his own password. Now I have to unlock the primary vault first, therefore I have to reveal the master password and everybody has access to all logins. How can I organize the vaults for my family, so that anyone has to use only one (and his own) password?
    Regards
    Peter

• Jacob
    edited February 2016

@RatzRuebe That's actually a perfect use case for 1Password for Teams. You can manage everyone's permissions, and they all get their own Master Password. :) We have a version of it for families coming out very soon, so please keep an eye out on our blog or Twitter for news. We'll have a lot more info about a specific edition for families. If you don't mind waiting just a bit, we'll be able to share it with you.

• roads
    roads
    Community Member

Its not fair to remove a feature to sell it another software version that has to be paid for separately. That’s quite disgusting to be honest. You know I bought those features with my countless 1 Password licenses both mac and PC.
    Build something great for teams but not by forcing me to buy another version.
    Shame on you Agilebits, is business really so bad you have to do this?
    Cmon, give us the feature back!

• Hi @roads,

I've talked with penderworth and he misread what you said here. Sorry about that. 1Password for Teams is awesome and solves all sorts of problems for families, but in this specific case it doesn't do what you're looking for.

I'm really sorry that you lost this feature that you relied on in 1Password. For the time being, the only solution I can offer for your problem is to use OS X's multiple user accounts support and Fast User Switching. This would allow each family member to have their own Primary vault, and if you wanted you could setup sync so that you, as the parent, still had access to everything (that sync setup is where 1Password for Families would start to shine).

The launch of 1Password for Teams and 1Password for Families actually has nothing to do with this feature going away. The timing is coincidental. If anything, I think 1Password for Families makes this feature even more valuable. With Families, every family member would get their own login, but there's no easy way to switch which family member is logged in on the Mac.

Desktops tend to be shared devices, and it would be really nice if we had a proper solution that worked for everyone.

Rick

• roads
    roads
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

I have just tried 1password for teams. You must be out of your minds to think I will put all my passwords online. The other thing if the password and username is not accepted by the site it is a long long way to enter the username and password over countless webpages and copy pastes. Every time you want to access the site, every time. This is unacceptable.
    We need the direct access to the secondary vault without entering the primary password back.
    I repeat I paid for this feature and it was why I bought more copies for. My employees can not enter the website they need for the work and 1password for teams is not an adequate replacement.
    Give us the feature back at once or refund all my copies. There are other password apps that will suit my needs I am sure.

• roads
    roads
    Community Member

A quick search reveals that this was quite a unique feature and plain stupid to remove. Thanks for making my life more complicated, Unbelievable,,,

• Hi @roads,

I can understand how frustrating this is, and you are not the only one. The reason this feature was removed was due to some underlying improvements to the vault architecture. A side effect to that was that it wasn't possible to unlock secondary vaults in the same way. But given the feedback we've received from you and others, we're looking into providing a solution. It isn't as easy as flipping a switch and will take some time, but we are actively looking into it and are not ignoring your concerns.

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how passionately you feel about this feature. We really do appreciate it and it has made a difference.

Regards,
    Kevin

• roads
    roads
    Community Member

Thanks Kevin that sounds like a plan.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• roads
    roads
    Community Member

So any news on this? Still need to switch between vaults and still a feature I paid for multiple times. Just to remind you guys.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

Hi @roads,

Thanks for checking in about this! I wish I had some news for you, but there's nothing new to report at this time - it's still not possible to unlock a secondary vault on its own without unlocking the Primary vault. I'll be happy to let our developers know you asked about this again.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you! If you need anything else, please do let us know. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-3687

• roads
    roads
    Community Member

Yeah, please tell them to get it on the roadmap. This is a big problem for us and a terrible idea to kick an awesome feature.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry the loss of that feature has been so problematic for you! Hopefully we'll be able to bring that feature back in a future release, although it will likely take some time to do that.

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.