What is the price/cost for the families plan?

Options
adamlogan
adamlogan
Community Member

I understand that the teams plan is slated to be $4.99 per month per person, but I couldn't find any figure for the family plan, which is a simpler less robust headache-less cheaper version of teams from what I understand?

I quite dislike subscription services and have been willing to pay through the nose to avoid subscriptions. +1 vote for a one time unlimited payment fee.

So, to summarize in an easy to answer format:

Price/Cost for family plan?

P.S. Please make one time unlimited payment option
P.P.S. Please make a native linux desktop client

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

It's $4.99 a month for a family of 5. They do have a signup special that allows up to 7 members for the same price.

https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/02/16/introducing-1password-for-families/

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Minor correction: according to the blog post announcing Families, the cost is $5 per month, not $4.99. They are calling it the 5 for 5 plan.

• Hi @adamlogan ,

As hawkmoth mentioned, it is $5 per month for up to 5 family members, with a special right now of getting an extra 2 members, and 2GB of document storage for free.

To answer your other concerns, Families is no less robust than our Teams offering. It does have a different feature set due to the different use cases.

I can certainly understand the desire to pay a one time fee and not have to pay after that. In the case of 1Password for Families, we build our apps to make life easier and safer for everyone who uses the Internet. Living up to that goal takes constant effort and improvement. For instance, we have an entire team dedicated to making sure our apps are compatible with the websites, apps and services that you use. In addition to that, the monthly fee pays for making a superior sync experience than third party sync solutions, and the continued development of the apps with no future upgrade costs whatsoever.

We thank you for your thoughts on pricing. Currently, we feel the monthly fee is well suited to all of the above functionality and service that we'll provide to you. In the meantime, I encourage you to try 1Password for Families and see for yourself. You can try it at no extra cost, and if you decide it isn't for you, it is very easy to move your data back to the local vaults you use today, and we'll be here to help if you need it. And of course, we will still support these apps in the future.

Also, regarding your request for a Linux client. We absolutely understand the need and appreciate you requesting it. We don't have anything to announce at this time, but I can promise we certainly are aware of the need.

If you have further questions, feel free to let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.