I'm interested in 1Password for Families, but I would like to confirm the total licensing costs

Options
steve_rainville
steve_rainville
Community Member

We're a family of four with the following devices: 4 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 MacBook and 3 Windows laptops. If I understand the licensing (for Pro) correctly, this means that I need 4 iOS licenses (2 would be re-used on the iPhones), 1 for Mac and 3 for Windows. This adds up to 256$. Then I need to pay 60$/year for 1Password for Families. Is this right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:license-requirements

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@steve_rainville - Not quite correct. The applications for all platforms are included with a subscription to 1Password for Families. That is, your only cost is the $60 per year for the subscription itself. You do not have to buy anything else.

Do note that the Windows application that is compatible with Families is still in beta, so there will be a wait before the Windows machines will be able to use it.

• steve_rainville
    steve_rainville
    Community Member
    Options

We're a family of four with the following devices: 4 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 MacBook and 3 Windows laptops. If I understand the licensing (for Pro) correctly, this means that I need 4 iOS licenses (2 would be re-used on the iPhones), 1 for Mac and 3 for Windows. This adds up to 256$. Then I need to pay 60$/year for 1Password for Families.

Is this right?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb:license-requirements

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @steve_rainville,

You will be happy to hear that is not correct!

Licensing for 1Password for Families is 5$ per month for up to 5 users. So if you have 4 family members, that's no problem. This does not combine with costs for the client per platform or device. You can use any of the 1Password clients to access your Families account on as many devices as you wish with no extra cost.

Hope this helps.

• steve_rainville
    steve_rainville
    Community Member
    Options

Great, and this includes the Pro features on iOS?

• Ben
    Options

It does, yes. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.