recommended configuration

Options
bneese
bneese
Community Member

So, I am a single dad with primary custody of my 4 kids. They are all getting to the age that we need to track passwords and ect. I have been using 1Password for a very long time and like the Family solution. I would like recommendations on the setup. Should I create a vault for each of the kids that I have access to and not have them use the personal vault? I want to try and start off with the best solution so that I don't have to change things down the road. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bneese,

I'm amazed by how early kids need accounts nowadays. Back when I was a kid we played Oregon Trail on a green-screened monitor, flipped and switched out disks, and we liked it! :)

I'm not sure that there's a "right" way to approach this, just "right for your family". It sounds like your solution is sound, though. You can ask your kids not to add information to their own vaults for now; then, when they're old enough (and responsible enough!), you can let them start adding items in their Personal vaults.

Please let us know if you have any other questions :)

This discussion has been closed.