How to start with Families

bcnuttall
bcnuttall
Community Member

Maybe I've missed it, but it's not real clear. I'm a paid 1Password pro user for my iPhone and iPad. I'm nearing retirement and am thinking about estate planning. Somebody is going to have to know all my passwords at some point in time and it appears the "Family" team might well be a solution. Do I have to purchase and download a desktop version of 1Password to set up a Family password share?

1Password Version: 6.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:family account, kb:teams-families-setup

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@bcnuttall - Just checking to see if you have read the blog post about the introduction of 1Password for Families, here. I think it will answer your questions.

Concerning the need to buy a license for a desktop machine, a Families subscription includes access to the applications for all platforms without any additional cost. So you certainly would not have to buy a copy to get going. I think you should be able to get going from your iOS devices, but I'm not a subscriber, so I will defer to others about exactly how to do that.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

Hey @bcnuttall,

To add to hawkmoth's answer, you do need to set up your Families account in the browser of a Windows or Mac computer first, and then you can add the Families account to 1Password on your iOS devices.

I hope this answers your questions. Please let us know if there's anything else we can answer for you. We're more than happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.