Multiple vaults not appearing on all computers with 1Password

cmillsbennett
cmillsbennett
Community Member

Greetings. Hoping you guys can help me figure out an issue I'm having with multiple vaults.

I originally set up all my information within a single vault. Then, from my work Mac, I created a second "Work" vault and transferred all the work accounts I had originally created to the new vault (via the right click>Share>Work Vault>Move command). I had expected that since I'm using DropBox sync that the additional vault would just be available to my home Mac but it's not. I still only see the original "Primary" vault from my home Mac while I can only access the "Work" vault from my work Mac. What needs to happen in order for me to access my "Work" vault from my home Mac?

Also... could you please confirm that in order to access multiple vaults in the iOS app that I'd need to purchase the Pro version?

Thanks for your help.

My details:

• I'm using the current version of 1Password 6.0.2 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite. The iPhones are both running iOS 9.2.
  • I use 1Password on my home iMac, my work MacBook Pro and 2 iPhones.
  • I purchased 1Password directly from Agile Bits and not through the Mac App Store.
  • I use DropBox to sync the .agilekeychain file between all the devices.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: 10.10
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @cmillsbennett,

Thanks for writing in. You're right that to access multiple vaults on iOS you'll need to purchase the Pro in-app-purchase.

I can see how you would think that what you've done is enough for it to all just work. It'd be really cool if things worked that way. Unfortunately it's not quite that easy, but the good news is that it's not all that hard either.

So here is what you're going to need to do:

• On the work Mac, you'll have to go into Preferences > Sync, select the 'Work Vault', and set it to sync to Dropbox as well.
    • On the the Home Mac, you should go into the Dropbox folder, and find the Work vault that was created (either the AgileKeychain or OPVault). Double click it. 1Password will ask you for the password to this vault, and then will setup a new vault that's setup to sync to dropbox for you.
    • On the iOS devices, after you've purchased Pro, you'll want to go into Settings > Vaults > Sync Additional Vault. Select Sync with Dropbox, then choose the Work vault in the list.

That should be all you need to do.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• cmillsbennett
    cmillsbennett
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

Thanks Rick. I'll test this out tonight and report back.

Incidentally... what's the difference between an AgileKeychain and an OPVault?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cmillsbennett,

On behalf of Rick, you're very welcome! Please let us know if you run into any problems with that.

Incidentally... what's the difference between an AgileKeychain and an OPVault?

Agile Keychain and OPVault are the two sync file formats 1Password can use with Dropbox Sync (or Folder Sync). Either one will work well for syncing your data. The general differences are:

• Agile Keychain is an older format, and is more compatible with older versions of 1Password.
    • OPVault is a newer format, and is more advanced. It has been replacing Agile Keychain as the default sync format in newer versions of 1Password, but is not supported by some older versions.

It sounds like you're using 1Password 6 for Mac and for iOS - if so, OPVault will work well for you, as those are the latest versions.

If you're interested in reading a lot more about each sync format, you can find information in these knowledgebase articles:

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

• cmillsbennett
    cmillsbennett
    Community Member

Worked like a charm. Thanks guys!

• @cmillsbennett On behalf of Rick and Drew, you're welcome. Glad everything is sorted out nicely. :)

• SIXfoot5ins
    SIXfoot5ins
    Community Member

Looks like this is the answer I need, will test this out tonight

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SIXfoot5ins,

Thanks for visiting our support forums, and I'm glad you were able to find the answer you needed! Do let us know if you have any other questions after you try it out, and we'll be happy to assist. :+1:

Also, revisiting this conversation from February, I want to add a ray of sunshine to Rick's comment above:

I can see how you would think that what you've done is enough for it to all just work. It'd be really cool if things worked that way. Unfortunately it's not quite that easy...

It actually can be that easy... Things do work that way and it is really cool... with 1Password for Families and 1Password for Teams! Effortless sync of new vaults is just one of the sweet perks of a 1Password account. Sorry, I couldn't resist mentioning it! :)

• SIXfoot5ins
    SIXfoot5ins
    Community Member

Hi Vee,
    Yes, I had no problems after following @rickfillion instructions to get my second vault synced with Dropbox and added to my second computer :)

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @SIXfoot5ins! Thanks for following up to let us know that worked. Have a great week! :+1:

• SheAlsoComputes
    SheAlsoComputes
    Community Member

Hi @rickfillion or @Drew_AG,
    I'm having the same problem, running 1Pass v6.35 from the App Store. I can't find any version of 1Password Pro, either at the App Store, Agilebits or any inapp purchase. Is that no longer an option?
    Thanks very much,
    SheAlsoComputes

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SheAlsoComputes: If you're referring to 1Password for Mac, 6.3.5 is the current version, and there is no "Pro". 1Password for iOS, however, is a free download with an in-app purchase for Pro Features. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.