What's Needed for an installation on another Mac?

Options
genec123
genec123
Community Member

I have 1P no my Mac and love it! I want to share with my wife. I purchased the app through Apple. What will I need to do to activate on her Mac? Will the installation instructions give me options to set up Families and share vaults? Thanks

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:contact, kb:contact-us, kb-search:license, kb:lost-license, kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• genec123
    genec123
    Community Member
    Options

I figured this out myself. I installed it on my wife's Mac.

• Hi @genec123,

Glad to hear you figured things out. :) You can also sign in to the web interface on any computer if you have your Account Key and Master Password handy. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know.

• genec123
    genec123
    Community Member
    Options

I do have questions. I thought I read that if I bought 1P through Apple I would not have an Account Key? I don't have one and I think I need one to set up family. Also, I still don't know if Family is something I need to pay for? Lastly, how do I get Emergency Kit? So, yes I still have questions and I really do appreciate all of your help. Thanks

• rob
    Options

Hi, @genect123.

Good questions! Let me answer them one by one.

1. You might be mixing up the terms Account Key and License Key. If you purchase 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, you do not need a License Key because Apple takes care of the licensing. The License Key for purchases from our web store is only used for registering the product. An Account Key is generated for you when you sign up for a family or team account, and it is used to help strengthen the encryption of your 1Password data. You don't need one before setting up your family account; rather you'll get it when you sign up.
    2. 1Password for Families is a paid subscription, yes, but you can start for free for 30 days. If you just purchased 1Password for Mac and you're concerned about paying twice, go ahead and sign up for a family account for free anyway and see if you like it. If you do, just drop us a line at support@1password.com and we'll be happy to put a credit on your account for the purchase of 1Password for Mac.
    3. The Emergency Kit is a document that is generated for you once you sign up for a family account. When you sign in for the first time, you'll see a popup that will let you save your Emergency Kit.
This discussion has been closed.