With Families Touch ID Login at my iPhone does not work any longer

Options
hklein60
hklein60
Community Member

Hi, being able to login to 1Password with Touch ID was a great feature.
But since I enabled Families, 1Password on my iPhone does not ask me for the Touch ID any longer, instead I always have to type my long master password.
What's wrong? How do I get the Touch ID login back?
Best regards, Harold

1Password Version: 6.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Harold ( @hklein60 ),

Could you please check and see if in 1Password the Settings > Security > Touch ID still turned on?

Thanks!

Ben

• hklein60
    hklein60
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    That's what I immediately checked when it started not working any longer. I also turned it off and on again to make sure that the setting is freshly set.
    But Touch ID is not working with 1Password iOS.
    Best regards, Harold

• hklein60
    hklein60
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, to verify the issue which I experience on my iPhone 6s Plus, I now used the iPhone 6s (with iOS 9.2.1) from my wife and observe the following:

• She currently uses 1Password iOS with a password safe (her name).agilekeychain stored and synched in our Dropbox. The Touch ID works!
    • I connected her 1Password iOS to our new Family account. From then on Touch ID does not work any longer!
    • I deleted the connection to our new Family account. The Touch ID still does not work!
    • I deleted the 1Password iOS app and installed it again. I then connected her 1Password iOS only to her password safe stored on the Dropbox. The Touch ID still does not work!
    • Actually from now on I can do what I want but I cannot revive the Touch ID with 1Password iOS!
    • Thus we both now have always to type our long strong passwords when using 1Password iOS which is a real pain.
      Regards, Harold
  • hklein60
    hklein60
    Community Member
    Options

Now also the following observation:
    Though with Touch ID I can still unlock the iPhone, my two banking applications which use also Touch ID do not ask me for the Touch ID any longer, too.
    Thus somehow some bits in the iPhone must have turned once I connected 1Password iOS to the Families account. And that does not reverse with any action.
    Looking forward to the solution of this riddle. ;-)
    Regards, Harold

• hklein60
    hklein60
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to revive the Touch ID with other apps by restarting the iPhone. But with 1Password iOS it still does not work.

• hklein60
    hklein60
    Community Member
    Options

Touch ID in 1Password iOS is back. Thus the restart of the iPhone likely has solved it.
    Since it did not work before, I increased the timeout to 1 hour. When I reduced it to 5 minutes again and the timeout happened, Touch ID came up.
    Thus like with a PC a reboot often helps. ;-)

• @hklein60 Glad to hear it's working again. If you notice it jump out of line again, please do let us know. Hopefully a reboot isn't necessary in the future.

• hklein60
    hklein60
    Community Member
    Options

To be sure, I verified the phenomenon with the iPhone of my wife: you have to restart the iPhone after connecting 1Password iOS to a Families account to reactivate Touch ID for 1Password iOS and other applications.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @hklein60,

Thanks for confirming that behavior. Our team has not experienced this issue, but since you were able to reproduce it, we'd love to see a Diagnostics Report from each iPhone if you wouldn't mind sending them, so we can look into this and see if it's something we can fix. And please include a link to this forum thread in the emails with the Diagnostics Reports. Thank you!

• hklein60
    hklein60
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Vee, I just sent the diagnosis report from my iPhone 6s Plus and my wife's iPhone 6s - both with iOS 9.2.1. Regards, Harold

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

Thanks very much, @hklein60! We'll look into it and get back to you via email. Cheers!
    ref: OPI-3408
    ref: BGW-28178-972
    ref: WXW-96827-144

This discussion has been closed.