1Pass in Safari toolbar takes nearly 1 min to open after login

PaperQueen
PaperQueen
Community Member

Since the most recent update, clicking the 1Pass icon in my Safari toolbar opens the login screen, but after typing my master password, it takes nearly a full minute for the locked window to unlock, allowing me access.

Here's a screen recording of the experience, for reference:
https://youtu.be/FrsCygGXvN8

Love-love-love 1Pass, and have been a believer for YEARS. Thanks for all you do!

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @PaperQueen! Yikes. That's definitely not what's supposed to be happening. ;) To get a better idea of what's happening, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you send the email, post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive a few minutes after sending. That will help us connect the dots. :)

• PaperQueen
    PaperQueen
    Community Member

Hi @penderworth,

Sorry for the delay; I've been on the road the past few weeks, but am back now, and :::sigh::: hit the same 1+ minute delay two different times today.

Just got the BitBot email. Is this the number you need? > > > LSS-57892-488

Anxious to hear what's what! :)

• Jacob
    edited March 2016

@PaperQueen That's the one! No problem on the delay. Could you actually try installing the beta and let us know if this issue persists? We're working on squashing it. Please let us know if the beta helps. :)

ref: LSS-57892-488

• PaperQueen
    PaperQueen
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

@penderworth, I've already run into a problem. Following the steps on the linked "installing the beta" page, Safari refuses to install. Here's the pop up I get:

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PaperQueen,

Sorry you ran into a problem installing the extension beta! If you haven't already done so, please restart Safari and try again.

If that doesn't help, you'll probably need to uninstall the current extension from Safari before it will let you install the beta:

• Open Safari and go to Safari > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Extensions tab, then click Uninstall for the 1Password extension.

Now if you try again to install the beta extension, does it work as expected? Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• PaperQueen
    PaperQueen
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG,

Well...got it installed, but the problem persists. In fact, it's also happening in Chrome, so I don't believe this is a Safari-only issue. :::drats:::

Next idea...?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PaperQueen,

Just to be sure, did you also install the beta version of the main 1Password app? Or did you only install the beta extension? For the problem you described, it's really more important to try the beta of the main app (the beta extension shouldn't make a difference as far as how long it takes to unlock 1Password, although it's still a good idea to install the beta extension when using the beta app).

The latest beta version of the main 1Password app is 6.2.BETA-4. If you open the main app and go to 1Password > About 1Password in the menu bar, is that the version number you see?

• PaperQueen
    PaperQueen
    Community Member

Ahhhhh...no, didn't catch the fact I needed to install two betas when reading penderworth's reply. Just flipped the switch on the 1P app, so we'll see how things go....

(I'm not much of a beta girl, having been burned by a couple in the past---not yours.)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016

Hi @PaperQueen,

I'm really sorry for the confusion about that! That's our fault - looking back at our previous messages, we didn't really make that clear.

So, to explain a bit more about why penderworth had asked you to install the beta: Our developers have been looking into this problem recently, but need more information from users who experience it. The latest beta version of 1Password includes some extra code which might help them figure out what's causing that delay to happen. The problem might not come back right away after installing the beta, but if/when it does happen again, it would be really helpful for us if you could create & send a new Diagnostics Report, which should tell us more about this specific issue than the previous report you sent.

Before creating the report, you'll need to wait until the problem happens again (otherwise the logs in the report won't include the information our developers need to know). Once you experience the delay again, you can create the diagnostics report the same way you did before: Sending Diagnostics Reports

Again, please attach the diagnostics report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in that email, along with your forum username. When you get the automated reply from our BitBot assistant, please post the Support ID number here.

Thank you very much in advance! And again, I'm so sorry for the confusion about the beta. Once you run into the problem again and send a diagnostics report, that should really help our developers to squash this bug. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-3829

• PaperQueen
    PaperQueen
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG,

No apologies necessary---just one of those things that happens. :)

I'll bookmark this thread, then report back the next time a "molasses launch" occurs. Thanks to everyone for helping flatten this little bugger.

Cinda

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @PaperQueen! We appreciate your help with this. :)

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Same issue here but in Chrome, for several months now. Have the same issue on iOS actually since ~October, been in frequent contact with support about the iOS issue (and still not fully resolved).

1P mini issue: #STH-27567-754

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Arnold,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I see that someone from our support team has already responded - please let us know if you do not see an email in your inbox. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: STH-27567-754

This discussion has been closed.