Favorites

Options
nosnhojm
nosnhojm
Community Member

It seems that entries that are starred as favorites are shared between all team/family members. Is there a way that each member can have their own unique list of favorites?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited February 2016
    Options

When I saw the title of this thread, I knew that was going to be the question. :) I want to see this too, and I'll add your vote to the issue, but it's not possible at this time.

Favorites started as an item-level feature before 1Password for Families existed. There wasn't really a reason (or a way) to store favorites per user. Now with family and team accounts, that method of designating favorites makes much less sense, so we're going to have to rework some things, but hopefully we'll be able to get it changed eventually. It likely won't be very soon since there are several large tasks ahead of us still, but I won't let this slip away! :)

ref: B5-950

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member
    Options

This is actually a pretty big deal, as it essentially renders the favorites feature unusable. Imagine a favorites list built by 5 (or worse, 7) different people. But more importantly, it's also a credibility issue. It doesn't inspire confidence when, while trying to convince my security-conscious family members to use 1PW, I have to warn them not to use a key feature.

I'm a huge 1PW fan, but I'd like to ask that you make this a priority issue. As a temporary fix, maybe you could give the primary subscriber the option to toggle favorites off altogether for all family members. Some families might find shared favorites useful, but for mine it would be chaos.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MDBrown: I don't understand why you'd need to warn anyone about Favorites. Maybe you can elaborate.

But regardless, as Rob mentioned in the previous post, this is something we'd like to bring to a per-user level going forward.

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Warn may not be the best word. What I mean is, I have to advise my family members that any favorites they select will appear in everyone else's favorites list, and vice verse. If each person has 10 favorites, that would make a list of around 50 to 70 visible to all. And things like my Apple ID, which is my most used favorite, would be visible to all even if I didn't share it with anyone. That's what I meant.

1Password is a fantastic service, and I couldn't live without it. Just expressing my support for this improvement.

• Ben
    Options

would be visible to all even if I didn't share it with anyone.

Just to clarify: adding something as a favorite does not make it implicitly shared. If it is in your Personal vault no one else will have access to it (unless you explicitly share the item).

• MDBrown
    MDBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Fantastic. That's helpful. So any item that is shared, and then marked by any "sharee" as a favorite, will appear as a favorite to any other "sharee". But favorites that haven't been shared will not. Got it.

• Ben
    Options

Exactly correct. :)

Hopefully this is something we can improve upon in the future, to make this feature as convenient as possible.

Ben

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

please add my +1 for this

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the vote, @ntimo. :)

• percheron
    percheron
    Community Member