Linking passwords of different objects

Options
mupuckl91
mupuckl91
Community Member

Hallo,

is ist possible to link a password between two or more different objects? I have a google Account, on the one hand this is an E-Mail-Account, but on the other hand I need an login for google to use the other google services, but the password of both is the same and i would like to link them, so they are always consistent when changing one.
Now you can say: "hey just remember password is in E-Mail", but when using an IPad or Smartphone, the filling of passwords from the 1Password-keyboard only shows logins, same goes for automatic filling.

The problem exist for various services, as it is often possible to login via an facebook or google account.

Of course this is some kind of luxury problem, but i think it would be a cool feature.

Best wishes
Fabian

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@mupuckl91 I use tags for that sort of thing.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mupuckl91,

Thanks for your question! In our new 1Password for Teams and 1Password for Families services, there is a 'Related Items' feature which allows you to link items to each other, so when you view one, you can easily jump to the other by clicking the link in the item details. However, changes to one item won't affect the other - so if you change the password in one, you'd still need to remember to change it in the other so they match.

Linking items is still a very handy feature, but if you aren't using Teams or Families, you can use Tags to group different items together (as Stephen suggested).

The problem exist for various services, as it is often possible to login via an facebook or google account.

If you use your Facebook or Google account to sign into certain websites that have the option to do that, another option would be to add the URLs for those sites to your Facebook or Google Login items (you can add additional URLs to a Login item when editing it). That will allow 1Password to fill your Facebook or Google username/password on those sites, so you won't necessarily need to keep separate Login items for them.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have questions about that or need anything else. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.