iOS Share Sheet extension issues.

Options
jmreekes
jmreekes
Community Member

I've starting seeing issues with the share sheet extension icon for 1Password be a blank, white square, and when I tap to open the 1Password extension I get a "1Password failed to receive information from the host app..."

I've seen this issue a lot over the past couple of beta versions, almost exclusively in SafariViewController, but I've seen it within the Safari app as well.

I had not had this problem prior to the last couple of betas. iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1, Currently running v630002, I'll install v63003 and see if it makes a difference, as well as trying to see if I can reproduce on my iPad Mini 2.

Comments

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member
    Options

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member
    Options

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I forgot to mention in the first post that if the problem occurs in the Safari app, force closing and reopening Safari app corrects the issue. If the problem occurs in SafariViewContoller, force closing the host app does not correct the issue. If I am viewing a webpage in SafariViewController and the problem occurs, I can open the same page in Safari app and use the extension with no problems.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't updated to v63003 yet, because I'm not sure if you would want a diagnostics log or not. Let me know either way

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmreekes,

thanks so much for reporting this. I didn't see this before.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device after you experience this again - especially the error:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we have a better chance in figuring out what's going on. Thanks very much!

Winnie

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member
    Options

@Winnie I just sent the email.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @jmreekes. Glad we could figure this out via email! Great that the device restart got your device back into a good state.

This discussion has been closed.