delete primary account

Options
williamkish
williamkish
Community Member

I have created a new OPVault. My Agile Keychain is primary.

1. How do I delete Agile and use OPVault on both of my Macs. iPad, and iPhone?
  2. Dropbox has had security issues in the past, is iCloud better?

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox.
Referrer: ug:mac/, kb:opvault-design, kb-search:opvault, kb:switch-to-opvault, kb-search:delete agile keychain

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @williamkish,

It looks like you accidentally posted the same question in two separate threads, so I deleted the second one to avoid confusion. Just wanted to let you know. I hope you don't mind! :)

If you've been syncing your 1Password data using an Agile Keychain sync file, but would like to switch to using an OPVault sync file instead, just follow the steps in this knowledgebase article: Switching to OPVault from Agile Keychain

1. How do I delete Agile and use OPVault on both of my Macs. iPad, and iPhone?

As mentioned in the steps from the above article, when you disable Dropbox sync for a vault, you can choose an option for 'Delete data from Dropbox', and that will delete the old sync file. If you've already disabled & re-enabled Dropbox sync and created a new OPVault sync file, but didn't use the option to delete the old sync file, that's ok - you can simply find the Agile Keychain file in Dropbox and delete it yourself.

If any of your devices were still syncing with that Agile Keychain file, they'll give you an error once they realize that file is gone, and you just need to re-enable Dropbox sync there, choosing the new OPVault file.

2. Dropbox has had security issues in the past, is iCloud better?

1Password is secure by design and your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so with regard to security there's no difference between syncing 1Password data with Dropbox or iCloud. 1Password simply doesn't depend on the security of either to protect your data.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.