Syncing problems with a vaults on Mac acount&iOs acount

Options
bielman
bielman
Community Member

Hi threre.

I have 2 vaults in my 1Password acount: 1 syncing with iCloud that works fine, the other one syncing with Dropbox that does not works.

I have 13 items in the Dropbox vault in the Mac account, but only 8 in the iOs app.

I have already syncing the Dropbox vaults manually from the preferences, and i have logged in my Dropbox account and does not Sync.

Can you help me please??

Kind regards.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bielman: You'll need to be logged into the same Dropbox account on both devices, but you probably know that. However, what's an even more common cause for things to get out of sync as you describe is that each device may be using a separate vault. Please open the 1Password for Mac Preferences > Sync and compare the Dropbox path listed there to 1Password for iOS Settings > Sync. If they are not pointing to the exact same vault, they won't be using the same data. Please let me know what you find!

• bielman
    bielman
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: thanks for you response.

Yes, is the same Dropbox account (i only have one); and is the same file data.
    It seems to sync ok ("Last Sync: 10seg ago...), there is no errors, but the passwords keeped in the Mac account are not in the app iOs...

I don't know what else to do...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bielman: Just humour me: what are the paths for each? You could absolutely have both with a similar path, showing "Last Sync: 10 seconds ago...", but they'd of course be syncing separately, for example:

(Dropbox)/1Password/1password.agilekeychain
    (Dropbox)/Apps/1Password/1password.agilekeychain

This is what I actually have in my Dropbox account (don't ask), and I'd be lying if I said it didn't confuse me from time to time. One option, just to be sure, would be to disable sync on each device, and then enable it again, being careful to use the same vault on each.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report for each and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• bielman
    bielman
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Hi friend. FIXED!

As you told me, I checked the Dropbox file and it was the same; so I have disabled the sync in both devices. The first time it did not works, but the second have finally works and looks that is just fine.

Thanks for your time and dedication.

Kind regards!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, thanks for letting us know it's fixed now! On behalf of Brenty, you're most welcome, and I'm glad he was able to help you with that.

I hope everything continues to work well for you from now on, but if you run into more problems or have any questions, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.