my dropbox 1pw fails, can i reload it. 1pw works on my pcs and on my mac, but not on iphone.

Options
fishavenue
fishavenue
Community Member

key data file not located in dropbox. But on iphone, everythings OK, and iphone gets data from dropbox. Why cant i open 1pw directly from dropbox. '1password anywhere cant operate without it. 1pw works in all my pcs and mac.

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:my dropbox 1pw fails, can i reload it. 1pw works on my pcs and on my mac, but not on iphone.

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fishavenue!

I've moved your question from the 1Password Families forum to the 1Password for iOS forum; you'll get the best help here :)

There's no way to run 1Password directly from Dropbox, but we do have a free version of our app you can use! Tap the following link from your iPhone to open the right page in the App Store:

1Password on the iOS App Store

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

• ledsteplin
    ledsteplin
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but in my case I found I could not access 1Password in the Dropbox app on my iPhone either. I was able, however, to go to log in to Dropbox in my Safari browser and open 1Password. I think it's a security thing with the Dropbox app itself. But even though I can't open 1Password in the Dropbox app, all is well. I was able to sync 1Password when I restored my new 6s Plus as new. Try logging in to Dropbox in Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, 1PasswordAnywhere will not work in many cases due to browser restrictions — whether it be locally on your computer's filesystem, or in a built-in browser interface on iOS. Ultimately it wasn't designed for these cases (and predates iOS), and given its age it isn't going to be updated. A much better option is to use the native app to access your vault — especially since it's in Dropbox anyway. :)

This discussion has been closed.