upgrade option is greyed out

Options
kentjeanp
kentjeanp
Community Member

I have versions 3&4 with upgrade options and it says I can for $24 but the select button is greyed out
Product-1password-6-for-mac1Password 6 for Mac

Single license
Select $24.99

how do I upgrade to that ? I don't need windows bundle

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kentjeanp,

I'm sorry for any confusion about that! If you already own a 1Password 4 for Mac license, your upgrades for 1Password 5 and 6 have been free, so you don't need to purchase anything. And that also explains why the 'Select' button is greyed out on our upgrade site.

If you already have 1Password 6 installed on your Mac, you can activate it with the same license file you used for 1Password 4 and/or 5 - the same license file works for all three of those versions. If necessary, you can have your license resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section at the bottom of our support site.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks! :)

• kentjeanp
    kentjeanp
    Community Member
    Options

We tried to have it sent and it wasn't sent. Not in spam mail either. But 6 wouldn't accept my license number from 3/4 and I can't find the 4 file if that is what it is used for 6 Can you send it to our email ? kentjeanp at earthlink

• kentjeanp
    kentjeanp
    Community Member
    Options

actually i think i found the license for 4 but 6 won't open it. Can I attach it here?

• kentjeanp
    kentjeanp
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind, I had to remove the .xml tag at the end of the license and got it to work
    thanks

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kentjeanp,

Sorry for the delay in response here. I'm glad to see that you figured out how to apply your existing license to your copy of 1Password for Mac!

If you tried to have your license sent to you and it didn't come through, I'd suggest you email us your license information at support+licenses@ agilebits .com so we can be sure that the contact info there is up to date. It may be tied to an older email address, for example, and we'll be happy to update that for you. :) Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.