iOS 8, OS X 10.9 & upgrading 1P3

Options
SurfnTurf
SurfnTurf
Community Member

iOS 8.4.1, OS X 10.9.5, 1P3

I have no intentions as of yet of migrating to iOS 9 or OS X 10.10+. Yet, I'd like to upgrade from 1P3.

1) Is 1P4 the latest version I can use on 10.9.5? If so, where do I obtain it (non-MAS version)?

2) How do I purchase the licence for 1P4, and with which versions of 1P would it be valid?

3) Which is the latest version of 1P I can install on iOS 8 that is fully compatible with OS X 10.9.5/1P4? Can it still be obtained and is the IAP still available?

KR.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @SurfnTurf,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with your questions!

1) Is 1P4 the latest version I can use on 10.9.5? If so, where do I obtain it (non-MAS version)?

Yes, that's correct (1Password 5 and 6 require OS X 10.10 or 10.11). To get a 1Password 4 for Mac license, you simply need a 1Password 6 for Mac license - the same license file works with versions 4, 5, and 6. You can get that from our AgileBits Store (more on that below).

2) How do I purchase the licence for 1P4, and with which versions of 1P would it be valid?

If you have a 1Password 3 for Mac license and need to upgrade to 4/5/6, just visit our Upgrade Store and enter your license code to see your upgrade discount and license options. If you upgrade to a 1Password 6 for Mac license, that license will also work with versions 4 and 5.

3) Which is the latest version of 1P I can install on iOS 8 that is fully compatible with OS X 10.9.5/1P4? Can it still be obtained and is the IAP still available?

The latest version of 1Password for iOS that works on iOS 8 is 1Password 5 (version 6 requires iOS 9).

If you ever previously had 1Password 4 or 5 for iOS, just open the App Store on your device and go to the Purchased list. Find 1Password there and try to download it - it should give you the option to install the latest version compatible with iOS 8.

If you never had 1Password 4 or 5 for iOS, you'll need to download 1Password 6 for iOS via iTunes on your Mac first (this is just so it shows up as a purchased app in the App Store on your iOS devices). After you download it from the iTunes store on your Mac, open the App Store on your iOS device and go to the Purchased list. Find 1Password and try to download it - the App Store should allow you to download the latest compatible version.

1Password for iOS is a free download, and offers free basic features. The Pro Features are free if you previously purchased 1Password 4 for iOS, or if you purchased the Pro Features in 1Password 5 or 6 for iOS. Otherwise, you can choose to unlock the Pro Features with an in-app purchase if you want. You would only need to purchase the Pro Features once and can unlock them in 1Password on all your iOS devices associated with your Apple ID.

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need help with any of that. We're here for you! :)

• SurfnTurf
    SurfnTurf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick and complete response. I guess I have just one last query: are the prices on your store US or Canadian dollars?

• @SurfnTurf On behalf of Drew, you're welcome. :) And the prices are USD.

This discussion has been closed.