1P6 mini much slower and regularly hangs

Options
efc
efc
Community Member
edited February 2016 in Mac

I am a long-time user of 1P and love the new features, especially the accessibility of shared vaults in 1P6. However, I am finding the product much harder to use than ever before simply because it is so unresponsive. 1P6's browser mini add on (both Chrome and Safari) will regularly take six or more seconds to unlock and will sometime freeze up entirely (I go to the Activity Monitor, search for "mini" there, and force-quit the process which is red and "not responding"). I can tolerate and work around the problems, though this makes 1P much less fun to use. But I know that other users I have brought aboard the 1P bandwagon (like my Mom), don't have a prayer.

The new 1P mini has serious issues. I hope Agile Bits is taking a hard look at the code and making adjustments. Users will start avoiding this very valuable tool if it continues to be so flakey.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.0.1 (601004) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.3 (15D21)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @efc,

I'm sorry mini has started being problematic for you! I know our developers have been working on some issues that might be related to what you're seeing, but there are a few things you can try to see if anything helps right now.

First, I notice you said you're using version 6.0.1, but we recently released an update for version 6.0.2. If you're using the Mac App Store version, just launch the Mac App Store and check the Updates tab. That should show version 6.0.2 is available, and you can install the update from there. Once you've installed that, is there any change in mini's behavior?

It's it the same, and if the main 1Password app still works even when mini is getting stuck, you can try restarting 1Password mini. From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. If you try to use mini after that, does it work?

If not, please reboot your Mac. After it restarts, does mini work any better than before?

Please let us know how it all goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• efc
    efc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for pointing out the new version, Drew! I guess I have gotten lazy and expect the MAS to keep me up-to-date these days. I'll give it a push.

Yes, I do sometimes use 1P to restart mini. Oddly enough, though Activity Manager can be a faster way to do that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up. Be sure to let us know if you run into any further issues. :)

This discussion has been closed.