Icon stays under main menu

Options
Marcosi
Marcosi
Community Member

A strange phenomena in 1Password 6 is that the icon stays under the Apple main menu after opening 1Password. It's on top of everything (see attached screenshot) and the inly way to get it off is to restart the computer.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Marcosi: I have the same problem with 1Password and other apps...because I'm using Bartender. Are you as well? I love Bartender, so it's something I'm totally willing to put up with (though today it's DuetDisplay showing up like that), but hopefully it's something that can be addressed eventually. :)

• Marcosi
    Marcosi
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I got Bartender. Are you sure the problem is related to that? Hopefully Agilebits should notify Surtees about the issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Marcosi: Well, it isn't a 1Password issue since, as I mentioned, it affects other apps as well. They just put their icons in the menu bar and that's it. Disabling Bartender makes this issue go away so that it no longer affects any apps — 1Password or otherwise.

The "problem" is that bartender takes icons that belong in one place and puts them somewhere else, and OS X just isn't setup to draw (and undraw) them except in the menu bar. So I can't say for certain that there's anything that can be done about it. You'd have to take it up with them. But again, this is exactly what you and I are asking Bartender to do, and it may be that this is just the price we pay for some forbidden customization. ;)

• Marcosi
    Marcosi
    Community Member
    Options

Ok good to know. So next time I just restart Bartender and not the computer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Oh totally! Now, it nearly gives me a seizure when I do it (all those icons dancing around), but it just takes a few seconds to quit and restart Bartender. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.