1Password Cannot Verify Apple Login

Options
2»

Comments

• hikeral
    hikeral
    Community Member
    Options

I started off thinking that the problem was with 1Password, but I followed one of the recommendations above which had me Sign out of the App Store and I'm now unable to Sign In... to the App Store which may be the root of the problem?

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hikeral,

As noted by @iphone earlier in this thread, apparently this is a system-wide issue with the Mac App Store and Apple is working on resolving it.

To access 1Password in the meantime, you may switch to the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac for free. Let us know how that goes for you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I had to restart my computer and 1Password would not open. It said it wasn't purchased on this computer (it was, 3/4/14) and asked for my Apple ID and password. When I do (neither has been changed- I even checked), 1Password says "Unable to verify. Contact support for assistance.

@helendoane: This isn't 1Password; it's the App Store that's giving you this message, and individual apps don't have any control over it.

Unfortunately there are really two very separate issues that may be involved here, which just have a similar effect on Mac App Store users:

• A silent System Integrity Protection update which disables the ethernet adapter (and therefore makes it impossible to use it to connect to the App Store to authenticate) — this was silently fixed by Apple, but of course not everyone was able to connect to get the fix automatically. Apple support page
    • A certificate change by Apple for the App Store which has made it difficult for some apps to authenticate and launch. AgileBits forum post

Apple has addressed both of these issues, but many are still suffering from the fallout here. :(

• efudd
    efudd
    Community Member
    Options

For anybody like me who never found a resolution to this problem with the recommended solutions above, you may want to check out another thread I started this morning when I saw the problem come about in a different way due to a fresh install. AgileBits support was able to provide me with a solution. In short, make for darn sure that you don't back up the 1Password app on any other drive in your system UNLESS it is inside a Timemachine backup. OS X will see that app in any other context (like being backed up with another backup program like I did) as an installation and it will confuse itself to death during app store updates. Check out the solution here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/295845#Comment_295845

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

While it certainly isn't a given that others with a similar setup will encounter this App Store issue, I really appreciate you taking the time to share this for those that might in the future! Thank you! :)

This discussion has been closed.