Sync macbook to iphone timeout

Options
mheaney
mheaney
Community Member

I downloaded 1password to macbook pro. It works. Then I downloaded it to iphone 6s. Tried syncing over wifi, it said timeout.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:diagnostics

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@mheaney there are a number of useful suggestions to try in this knowledge base article:

Wi-Fi Sync is not working

The simplest one that usually works is simply to reboot both devices.

If you're still stuck after reading that article please post again but if you do so please tell us:

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mheaney: Indeed, a "timeout" error indicates that something is blocking communications between your devices. There are any number of things that can cause this, so be sure to follow the steps in the guide Stephen_C linked to help narrow it down and make sure that your network settings are correct. Please let us know what you find! :)

• mheaney
    mheaney
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I finally got my macbook vault synced with my iphone vault. I set up 1password for my google account on my macbook, and now I cannot login to my google accounts on my iphone! I've spent 45 min trying to follow the directions in your user manual, with no success. Why is it so damn hard to set up your software? How do I get this to work?

• @mheaney I'm glad you got it set up, but I'm sorry your Google account isn't syncing. Do you have 1Password on your Mac and iPhone unlocked at the same time? Wi-Fi Sync needs both to be unlocked to sync things. If you're not using Wi-Fi Sync, let us know what you are using so we can help troubleshoot what's happening.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mheaney: Indeed. And to be clear, that guide isn't for setting up 1Password; rather, it's for configuring your devices so that they can communicate on your network, which is necessary for them to sync data with each other.

Regarding the Google issue, if you can be more specific about where you're running into trouble we'll see what we can suggest that might help!

This discussion has been closed.