My purchase is not showing up in the Apple App Store. How can I install on my new iMac?

Options
kensalaman
kensalaman
Community Member

When I first signed up for the Apple App Store, I used my iTuned name/email that I had at that time (tyle@xxxxx.com). I then purchased a MacBook Pro and set up the account for it with a new name/email (kenxxxxx@xxx.com), which is the one that is in use now for the App Store. (Both are still there though). Apple told me that they cannot combine the two accounts into one. When I went to the "Purchased" tab with the App Store on both accounts, the 1Password did not pop up. I requested my license via your website for both emails (and also to a 3rd kens@xxxxx.com, in case that is what was used), but I've not received a response from you in about 2.5 hours time. Please let me know how to proceed to get 1Password on my ne iMac, and also get the license via email. I love your product, by the way. It's amazing. Thanks for being there. K

1Password Version: 6.2.2.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:purchase-verification, kb-search:find license, kb:sales-faq, kb:add-license

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

The App Store version does not have a licence (it's tied to your Apple ID), and Apple does not provide AgileBits with any details of purchasers, which is why you are getting no response from their web site.

It is possible that your App Store purchase is hidden, you can unhide purchases from your account on the store. I would suggest trying that (and maybe other things) first, to get your purchase available.

If that doesn't work, see if you can find the email from Apple that confirms your purchase. If you can find it, send a copy to support+licences@agilebits.com with a link to this thread, and they will provide you with a licence for the AgileBits version of 1PW.

If you can't prove your purchase from Apple, I'm not sure what AgileBits can do, though they do tend to be helpful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kensalaman: Apple has a guide here you can follow to unhide purchases, and as danco mentioned, while we don't have any control over the App Store, we're happy to generate an AgileBits Store license for you if you forward your Mac App Store receipt to support+licenses@agilebits.com :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@kensalaman - The key here is the you have changed to a new Apple ID. Apple never permits the transfer of licenses between Apple IDs. The only way to retrieve a copy without buying it again will be to log in under your old Apple ID. This is a big reason to avoid creating a second Applle ID. You will have exactly the same issue with any other applications that came from Apple under your previous Apple ID.

Or take @brenty up on the offer to get you up and running with a copy from the AgileBits web store. That's what I would do in your circumstance.

• Good point, @hawkmoth. I suspect us sending you a license would be the most convenient way of doing things @kensalaman. Just send us an email with a proof of purchase from the Mac App Store and we'd be happy to get things sorted out. :)

• kensalaman
    kensalaman
    Community Member
    Options

That sounds GREAT guys! I'll have to go back an see if I can find it. It should be in my email somewhere. What is the best email to send it to? Thanks so much for your help!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

@kensalaman - support+licenses@agilebits.com. Include a link to this thread and give them your forum handle to help connect everything. @brenty's post a few above gave that address already.

• kensalaman
    kensalaman
    Community Member
    Options

yeah....DUH...I just saw that. Thanks, you guys. You're aweseome. I found the receipt in the email. I'll follow up with agilebits.com. Have a great rest of the weekend. K

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries! I've actually replied via email a bit ago, so we can continue the conversation there. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.