Sync Between OS X and iOS

Options
lllllplll
lllllplll
Community Member

Hi there,

I previously had the 1P app for iOS and then forgot my master password meaning I couldn't access my original vault that I had created.
Therefore, I decided to buy the OS X version, set this up along with iOS by creating a new vault. When I set this up on OSX 1P recognised my old vault and it asked if I would like to merge vaults (old and new). In order to do this I had to input my old password (which I somehow randomly remembered) and therefore managed to merge the vaults. My master password is now the new one that I created for OSX with iCloud sync also set up on OSX.

When I signed in through iCloud sync on my iPhone, it found my vault, but then requires me to put my old password in to gain access. Will my master passwords always be different between OSX and iOS despite using iCloud sync? Or, does this means that my vault is not syncing correctly? I thought it would mean my master password is the same across each OS.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lllllplll: Sorry for the confusion! If you've got both devices syncing with iCloud so you have your data on both, it sounds like all you need to do is change the Master Password in 1Password for iOS under Settings > Security > Change Master Password and you'll be all set. :)

• lllllplll
    lllllplll
    Community Member
    Options

Ok cool, I'll try that. Perhaps I'm over complicating it :) Thanks @brenty!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm often guilty of that myself, so no worries! :lol:

Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.