Disable dropbox sync?

Options
dodgerdan
dodgerdan
Community Member

To disable dropbox sync do I simply switch syncing in preferences from dropbox to iCloud? The directions state to disable dropbox sync first before switching to iCloud but I don't see a way to disable dropbox sync other than to switch in preferences to iCloud. I figure that once I switch from dropbox to iCloud sync in preferences on my mac I can then switch to iCloud sync on each of my other devices and should be done----correct? Thank you. I have been using 1Password for a few years now and I love your App.

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:switch-to-icloud, ug:mac/sync-icloud, ug:mac/, kb-search:disable dropbox sync, kb:switch-to-icloud

Comments

• Hi @dodgerdan! Great question. It looks like you've read our knowledge base article on switching to iCloud sync. We don't necessarily have a "disabling Dropbox" article, though, mainly because if you're looking to switch to iCloud, Dropbox will be disabled along the way. Here's how I'd suggest doing things:

1. Click the Sync vault with dropdown menu and select iCloud.
    2. You'll first be asked if you'd like to disable sync. Confirm that you would, and if you'd like to remove your data from Dropbox you can check the box for that as well.
    3. You'll then be guided through the iCloud sync setup, which this guide will help you with if you're curious about it.

That's it! Three easy steps. :) Let us know how things go.

This discussion has been closed.