I bought 1Password Pro, converted from the Apple version to the Agilebits version.

Options
rhewins
rhewins
Community Member

got a new macbook air. it keeps telling be "trial over, you have to buy it!" works fine everywhere else. Ipad version says "thanks for buying 1Password's Pro features" but it does not show me a license number.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:sales-faq, kb:purchase-verification

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@rhewins - Have a look at this document, which explains licensing terms for 1Password: What do I need to purchase to use 1Password on all my devices? you'll discover there that your iOS license applies only to the iOS platform. If you want to use the Mac version too, you will need to buy a license for that too.

• rhewins
    rhewins
    Community Member
    Options

? I am confused. I just want to user the same version on all my devices

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The document I linked in my last post explains all this, but, as I said, 1Password licenses are provided on a per platform basis. iOS and OS X (Mac) are separate platforms, and each requires a license that is sold separately from the other. Your license for the Pro features for your iOS devices is completely separate from a license for Mac. If you want to use the Mac version, you will have to buy a license for that too, in addition to the one you have for iOS. I don't know how to be any clearer than that. The iOS version won't work on a Mac either, so you can't have the exact same version on all your devices. You can use all the same data, though.

1Password for Mac is sold by Apple from the Mac App Store and directly by AgileBits from their own web store, here.

Another option would be to sign up for a subscription for 1Passwords for Families, a new product that will cost $5 per month on a subscription basis. With a subscription you would then get access to 1Password for all supported platforms included. There would be no additional payment beyond the monthly charge.

• Hey @rhewins! Sorry for the confusion. As hawkmoth mentioned, 1Password is licensed on a per-platform basis, but Families gives you all the platforms in one nice subscription. You can have up to five family members for the $5 per month, too. :) Of course, if you prefer to just purchase the standalone app, feel free to. Our store is where you can grab a license. Let us know if you have any questions.

• rhewins
    rhewins
    Community Member
    Options

one can't be "clearer" since clear is an absolute. But I quibble. I was clear that I bought the mac version originally, then converted to the agilebits version. used on 2 computers without issue for years, until I switched computers.

anyway, it sounds like I will not get back to where I was, but will instead, to get this over with, need to do the family thing.

• @rhewins Ah, that case is a bit different actually. If you switched to the AgileBits Store version from the Mac App Store, you just don't have a license because it automatically pulled it from the Mac App Store app. We would be happy to send you a license. Could you send us an email at support+forum@agilebits.com with the proof of purchase for your Mac App Store copy? We'll get that right over. No need for Families at all. :)

• rhewins
    rhewins
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, I see it purchased on app store, but no receipt. I amy just do the family thing anyway, just hope i don't need my non existent license to make that switch

• @rhewins You should have a receipt in your email from when you originally purchased it. You can also send us a screenshot of it in your Purchases. You don't need a license to switch to Families, but I'd love to help you get things up and running without it and you can move to Families later on if you'd like.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@rhewins - My apologies for the confusion. Because there is no Pro version for Mac, but there is for iOS, I followed that reference from you in constructing my replies. Glad to see that you and @penderworth figured it out.

• It's all good @hawkmoth. :) Thanks for helping out as well!

This discussion has been closed.