Can't use desktop password to open vault on iOS - help!

Options
sciascia
sciascia
Community Member
edited February 2016 in iOS

Hi There,

I'm having a weird issue where I can't connect to a vault using the password I use on desktop.

I'm guessing that either...

The vault has a different password which I never use on desktop because the primary vault gains me access - so I've forgotten the password.

In which case, if I have access to the vault on desktop, is there a way to see the password for it?

Or...

The iOS app is not allowing me access to the vault.

In which case, is there a way to get access to it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

1Password Version: 6.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sciascia: Are you able to unlock 1Password on any device?

To be clear, there is no way to unlock 1Password on any platform without the correct Master Password, and there is no way to "view" the Master Password either. The Master Password is not stored in the app or as part of your vault, and it would be really insecure if there were a backdoor.

That said, are you certain you're using the same vault on both devices? Do you perhaps have more than one stored in Dropbox — one from iOS and one from your Mac? (Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password-not-accepted/

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• sciascia
    sciascia
    Community Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I'm very confused sorry, I've confirmed that I'm using the same password and accessing the same vault I'm using on my other 3 macs/devices:

~/Dropbox/_App Data/1Password/SSB Vault.agilekeychain

I've noticed that in 1Password for mac, the colour of the vault I'm trying to access is different - see attached. Notice how the colour is a darker blue?

Does that signify anything?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi @sciascia,

I've noticed that in 1Password for mac, the colour of the vault I'm trying to access is different - see attached. Notice how the colour is a darker blue?
    Does that signify anything?

It does not. When you create a 1Password vault in 1Password for Mac you are given a choice of what color the ring should be. It doesn't affect functionality at all. It is just there as a quick visual cue as to which vault it is (color coding).

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• sciascia
    sciascia
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks for your help, tied up at work but will get to the bottom of this when I have time. Thanks heaps.

• Ben
    Options

Very good. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.