I have 1 Password installed on my PC. I am about to travel overseas using an android tablet.

AustmanBob
AustmanBob
Community Member

Do I need to install 1 password on my android tablet and copy password file to use while I am away. I am using V4.6.0.604 on my PC.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have One Passwod installed on my PC. I am about to travel overseas using an android tablet.

Comments

• peri
    edited February 2016

Hey @AustmanBob. You can certainly install 1Password on Android. It's free to download through Google Play, and then it has full functionality during its 30 day trial.

After the trial, it becomes limited to a reader, which means that you can still sync, view, and fill your data, but you'll no longer be able to add or edit items from Android without unlocking the Premium features.

That said, all you'll need to do is sync your vault between your Windows and Android devices.

You'll be able to access all of your saved data from Android that way, with our without the Premium features.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions, and happy travels!

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

Thanks for your response. Can you advise how I can "sync" my vault between my windows PC and my Android tablet. Regards Bob.

• No problem, @AustmanBob. I recommend syncing using Dropbox, as it's the easiest way to sync between Android and Windows. You can find instructions here:

Windows - https://support.1password.com/guides/windows/sync-dropbox.html
    Android - https://support.1password.com/guides/android/sync.html

Let me know if you have more questions!

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

Perl
    Is Google Drive similar to Dropbox.

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

I tried to download 1Password through Google Play but error said: Your Device isn't compatible with this version. Can you advise please?

• haupas
    haupas
    Community Member

Yes, Google Drive is similar to Dropbox.
    But I think, if you don't already have a Dropbox account, you can also use the wifi sync feature. Then you doesn't have to create an extra account. The wifi sync copies your 1Password database to your tablet over your local wifi.
    Which tablet are you using?

• Hi @AustmanBob. As haupas said, Google Drive is indeed similar to Dropbox. However, while 1Password has built in support for syncing using Dropbox, it doesn't have built-in support for syncing using Google Drive. To sync using Google Drive, you'd need to sync the .agilekeychain folder from your C drive on Windows with the Drive app, and configure 1Password on Android to sync using local storage. Then configure it to sync with that folder.

As to the incompatible device error, can you let me know the make and model of your Android device, as well as what version of Android it runs?

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

Peri / Haupas - Thanks again OK I will stay with Dropbox for 1Password. I now understand 1Password needs 4.0++
    The compatible device error is on a Acer A501 running Android 3.2.1. The issue is with Acer update. They have some "tools" to update to 4.0 ice cream but have issues. I have seen a you tube video where someone explains how to do externally but this is way beyond my skills.

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

Is there a 1Password for 3.2.1

• Thanks for the clarification, @AustmanBob. 1Password 4 and 6 for Android require Android 4.0 and higher, so you won't be able to use either of those versions on your Acer device.

However, it's still possible to install the legacy 1Password Reader on older versions of Android. Please keep in mind that the Reader is read-only, so you'll be able to sync your data from your Windows device, but you won't be able to make any changes to your vault from Android.

Please follow those instructions in the link to install 1Password Reader and let me know if that works for you!

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

The gods are against me.
    I am informed my tablet cannot be upgraded to 4.0
    When I try to get to the 1Password legacy site from my tablet it says "A secure connection could not be established.
    From my PC it says it does not have a program associated with it.??
    Sorry to be a pain!!

• peri
    edited March 2016

Hey @AustmanBob. Can you check the date and time on your Android device and verify that they're correct? Also, are you using Wi-Fi? If so, can you try downloading it using cellular data?

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

Gave up on my android tablet - too hard. Now trying to load 1Password to my IPhone5. Trust this works.

• Sorry to hear that you gave up on the tablet, @AustmanBob. If you'd like to give it another go, I'll be happy to walk you through it. :)

That said, you can certainly install 1Password on your iPhone. Once you have it installed, you can follow these instructions to set up syncing between your PC and iPhone here:

iOS - https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/sync-with-dropbox.html
    Windows - https://support.1password.com/guides/windows/sync-dropbox.html

Let me know if you have better luck this time!

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

Hey Peri - I have 1Password on my Iphone and dropbox. How do I sync my vault on my PC with dropbox. BTW - Where are you?

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

I have synced my pc with dropbox and 1 Password. hen I try to connect my Iphone "error listing keychains - Ipassword encountered a problem "

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AustmanBob: I think Peri is in the western US like me, but unlike me she keeps normal hours. ;)

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting your data sync'd to your iPhone now too! What is the location of your vault in Dropbox? (You can find this listed in 1Password for Windows Preferences > General.) You'll need to setup 1Password for iOS to use that same vault. Also make sure that Dropbox has finished syncing, or 1Password won't be able to read the data yet.

Did you follow the steps in the 1Password for Windows and 1Password for iOS guides Peri linked in her previous post? If so, let me know exactly which step you ran into trouble.

To be clear, while the Dropbox app on the computer is used to sync the data, when you setup Dropbox sync in 1Password for iOS, this is done in the 1Password app itself. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

Brenty/ Peri - My 1Passwork Vault is - C:\Users\Bob\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password 4.agilekeychain.
    When I open 1Password on my iPhone using the master key I come to a screen Favorites. Has Favorites - Categories - Settings across the bottom bar.
    Into Settings - Vaults> - Primary> - Sync Service Dropbox> - Current Sync Method (tick)Dropbox.
    Categories - Hey we have lift off!!
    Thanks Guys
    Now I need to do a job on my tablet or throw it away. Going to try the whole root thing - nothing much to loose, my hair is already grey!!

• I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get your iPhone syncing, @AustmanBob. :) Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.