API for creation/updating of bulk passwords in team vault

Hello,

We have several hundred passwords for a platform that we need to rotate every few weeks. Are there plans for an API that would allow logins to be created/updated by an automated process?

Thanks! (Teams is awesome!)

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hey @luke_rowdmap

Glad you are loving Teams :)

Yeah, we definitely would like to have a set of APIs for 1Password for Teams. This would allow every thing from scripts to integrations with Active Directories and the like. I don't have a timeframe that I can give you at the moment, but it is definitely something we would like to add.

• evanskaufman
    evanskaufman
    Community Member

We're managing hundreds of logins in 1p across 9 vaults, so this would be great to see!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I agree! It's a really exciting idea. Probably not something we can do in the short-term, but hopefully we'll be able to add these powerful features in the future. :)

• yuters
    yuters
    Community Member

I'm throwing my vote here for this. Adding new logins for our teams with an API would be the only thing missing to fully automate our projects creation process.

• Thanks @yuters. Glad to see some interest in this. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

This would be great to see. :+1:

• dkothari
    dkothari
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

I would love to see this too! My team went rogue in our choice of Password Management. I would love to use Ansible in combination with an API to update our passwords/Keys. Also, my company is looking for AD/LDAP integration.

• Hi @dkothari,

I'd love to hear more about what you've got in mind for both of those. Do you think you could email in to support@1password.com to tell me more about it? If you mention "Rick Fillion" in the email body, I should get notified when that comes in.

Thanks

Rick

• emilr
    emilr
    Community Member

An API and/or AD integration is also on our wish list.

In it's simplest form it would be great to be able to create and delete 1Password team members programmatically. E.g. when a user is added to the Active Directory a 1Password Team invite is also created and sent. And also when an AD user is deactivated, then the corresponding team member is also deactivated in 1Password.

Moving on to more advanced things, one also dreams of having a 1Password vault automatically created when a project is create in the company project management software.

Lot's of really cool process optimizations could be done with an API.

Looking forward to see where you take 1Password for Teams!

Best regards
    Emil

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise! There are definitely a lot of possibilities. We'll see what we can do to make it even better and accommodate some of these use cases. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.