Neede help retrieving the app with my passwords

Options
mmhcsjs
mmhcsjs
Community Member

I recently upgraded my android from note 3 to 5. On note 5 I do see the app but clicking on it gives me two options, create new vault or syn existing valut. if I pick syn existing vault it gives me 3 other options; syn using dropbox, syn using wifi, or syn using local storage. how should I proceed. I am nervous because I had all my passwords saved in note 3

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:updgraded from note 3 to 5 and cannot login to the app

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @mmhcsjs. I'll be happy to help migrate your data from your old device to your new one.

First things first, we'll need to establish where your vault was saved. Your data is only stored locally, on your device, unless you opt to save it elsewhere. Do you still have access to the Note 3? Also, before upgrading, did you configure sync on your Note 3 with either Dropbox, local storage, or Wi-Fi? Are you syncing with any other devices?

Thanks!

• mmhcsjs
    mmhcsjs
    Community Member
    Options

So I gave the note 3 to husband before giving it I updated it to factory setting. That's what I was advised to do to the AT&T store.

• mmhcsjs
    mmhcsjs
    Community Member
    Options

AT&T had me download Smart Switch to syn note 3 to note 5 so the app (1Password) came through but not sure if the data got syn.

• mmhcsjs
    mmhcsjs
    Community Member
    Options

sending you some pics

• mmhcsjs
    mmhcsjs
    Community Member
    Options

This is the first click pic

• mmhcsjs
    mmhcsjs
    Community Member
    Options
  • peri
    Options

Thanks for the info, @mmhcsjs. Before you did a factory reset and transferred everything using Smart Switch, did you configure sync using local storage? This would have created a folder on your device (.agilekeychain), with your 1Password data in it. Are you able to locate that folder?

Otherwise, did you configure Dropbox sync, which would have similarly uploaded your .agilekeychain folder to Dropbox?

This discussion has been closed.