Still can't autofill password on one site after browser extension reinstalled

Options

One of the pages that I most frequently log on to is https://learn.nmsu.edu. For some reason, 1Password (Version 6.02 602004) will fill in my username, but not my password. On other sites, 1Password continues to work great as it always has.

1Password Version: 6.02
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pyrogerg,

Sorry to hear 1Password is having some trouble filling your info on that site! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

If your Login item for that site used to work, it could be that something has changed with the sign-in form there. Please follow these steps to save a new Login item for that site. Does the new Login item work correctly?

Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• pyrogerg
    pyrogerg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew,

Does it matter that the site in question is one of many pages that share the same login? 1Password is working fine on other pages that share the login.

Cheers,
    Gregory

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @pyrogerg. Thanks for the extra information. When you save a login for a page from the browser, 1Password gathers some additional information about the page that it stores as part of the item but isn't really for display to the user such as details about the form like its name, method, id, and action attributes, similar attributes about the form's fields, etc. Right now, 1Password tries first to restore the fields as you saved them and then falls back to some educated guesses based on clues we glean from the page's structure.

What I did notice, though, is that there is some Javascript attached to the username and password fields on that page that look like they're gumming up the works. The grey text you see in the fields before you fill is the actual value of that field and not a placeholder attribute like it should be if the developers were using the latest techniques. Then when you put focus into the field, the Javascript clears that value, sets the text color to black, and removes the focus handler. It's fairly silly, to be honest.

What I did find in my testing was that if I fill a login saved in the main application on that page, it appeared to fail filling on the first try. But just trying to fill a second time succeeded. This is silly but I'm fairly certain it has to do with the Javascript I mentioned above. Once those focus handlers are removed, the filling works just fine. Could you test filling twice in a row and see if you have similar results?

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.