Questions about Family Vaults

Kyleaa
Kyleaa
Community Member

It seems to be impossible on both the Mac and iOS versions of 1password to delete your primary vault, and now that my items are all in the team account the Local primary vault isn't useful.

Also I'm curious about the restrictions on only allowing one account from the same team to be signed in on the Mac. I understand it from a security standpoint, but my family has a shared Mac where we had multiple personal vaults synced. It looks like we'd have to create separate "personal" vaults that were shared (because it won't allow you to share or rename your personal vault). In addition to the primary vault we'll be swimming in extra unused vaults :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kyleaa,

There is no current way to delete your Primary vault. If you're sure that all of your items are in 1Password Families, you can remove all of the items from your old vaults or even start over from scratch if you'd like.

We really designed 1Password accounts for use with separate Mac accounts :) If you want to keep everyone on the same account on the Mac, I'd recommend that each family member to use the 1Password web interface in their favorite browser instead of having so many vaults in the 1Password app.

Please let us know if you have any other thoughts!

This discussion has been closed.