Unable to add license

lynmac67
lynmac67
Community Member

I am caught somewhere between operator error and the new update (?). When I bought a new laptop in January, I apparently downloaded the trial version of 1Password, even though I already run it on a desktop and 2 iOS items. It has now announced "license expired," so I found the email with the license and clicked "add license" on the trial window. It opens Finder, in Downloads.

My brain is running on fumes, and I am so confused. Help?! (I'm usually very good at this stuff!)

Sidebar: I also downloaded an update to 1Password this morning, which apparently automates the license-adding process. Maybe I should not have done that?

Clearly I mismanaged the original attempt to add 1 Password to the laptop. Also clearly, I am unable to unravel this situation.

Thanks!

Lynda McIntyre

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:can't add license, kb:trial-expired, kb:sales-faq, kb-search:add license, kb:add-license

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

Hi there @lynmac67,

You merely have to recover your License file by going to this page https://agilebits.com/home/licenses

Put in the email associated with your license and then apply the file on your new computer and you'll be back up and running.

• garretk
    garretk
    Community Member

I have repeated the steps above to try and add my license to 1Password, and am still unable. There is no file to apply. IN my email, I only receive the product keys, no file or link to add them to my software. Help?

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @garretk,

I'm sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you have a license for 1Password 3 but are running 1Password 6. This is a paid upgrade, and 1Password 6 uses a license file rather than a license key. The good news is that you can enter your version 3 key in our upgrade store for a great discount on a current license.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.