my android phone was wiped clean. I restored the phone from the Cloud. Where is my data on phone?

Options
jrwalker539
jrwalker539
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Android

A system update failed on my Samsung S5. I had to do a total reset that wiped out all the data and apps on my phone. I restored from the Verizon cloud but 1Password didn't reload automatically. I reloaded the app from the playstore. I don't know where my data is. Is there a particular file on my phone that was hopefully recovered from the cloud. Where would that data file be located within my phone so i can get all my passwords back. I don't have the data backed up to Dropbox. I just assumed that the data would be backed up in the Verizon Cloud. Please help me get my data back.
Thanks,
Jim

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android ?
Sync Type: Verizon Cloud
Referrer: kb-search:where is my data stored on android phone, kb:starting-over

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @jrwalker539.

Before resetting your device, did you configure sync with local storage, or were you syncing with any other devices? 1Password does not upload your local vault data to a third-party sync service without your explicit approval, so it wouldn't have automatically backed up to Verizon's cloud service unless you uploaded your .agilekeychain folder to Verizon's cloud service. Do you recall that being the case?

If you were syncing with another device, or if you backed up your .agilekeychain folder before resetting, please let me know and I'll be happy to help migrate that data back over to Android. Thanks!

• jrwalker539
    jrwalker539
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I don't think that I configured my 1Password to sync with anything outside of my phone. Bummer. I do see a .agilekeychain folder in my Dropbox but it asks for a master password to sync with that folder. I used the password that I thought it should be but it says that I don't have the correct password. Can I reset the master password on the file in Dropbox?
    Thanks Again.

• peri
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that, @jrwalker539. Unfortunately, there's no way for you to change the Master Password of the vault in Dropbox without entering the old one.

However, you can perhaps recover the Master Password based on the hint you entered when you created it. Open https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and then open the 1Password.agilekeychain folder. Inside you should see a file called 1Password.html. Click that and you'll see the 1PasswordAnywhere screen, where you can enter your Master Password. If you incorrectly enter your Master Password, you should be shown the hint. Does that hint help in recovering the Master Password?

This discussion has been closed.