Is it possible to sync a Google Apps (or other contact service) with 1Password as identities?

Options
MacHelp
MacHelp
Community Member

We keep out clients in Google contacts, and it would be great if we could somehow get those easily into 1Password as identities so we have a head start on building a client's 1Password File with all of their info we need to keep secure. Is this possible? Can we manually import them somehow? Anything to speed up our process would be great.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Contact sync?

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @MacHelp,

I've written a bunch of converters for 1Password. This might be another one. But I'm a bit swamped right now (drinking through a fire hose), so I won't be able to take a look at this for a little bit. Can you wait a bit until I investigate?

If Google contacts exports as vCards, the work probably isn't too much to update the existing vcard converter to handle Google's specific fields and formats.

• rob
    Options

Hi, @MacHelp. You're in good hands with @MrC, just wanted to comment that we don't have any official way to import Google Apps contacts as Identities at this time.

• Ben
    Options

@MrC Google Contacts can indeed export as vCard. :)

• MacHelp
    MacHelp
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC That would be awesome if you could make one when you do have a chance!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@MacHelp,

I'll take a look as soon as I can. I'm swamped right now. Hold please... :-)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@MacHelp,

I've started to add support for Google Contacts vCard export conversion into the vcard converter. It is available in the 1.09 version of the converter suite, under Testing Bits.

I haven't extensively tested it, as I don't have a large Google Contacts database yet, and haven't yet spent the time testing edge cases. I'm counting on you to help me work out the immediate wrinkles, until I have more time to thoroughly write test data and test the results.

Awaiting your feedback...

This discussion has been closed.