Famlies: Temporary assess to a "Parent" vault on a kid device

Thorgrim
Thorgrim
Community Member

I frequently find myself needing access to my passwords on my kid's devices (e.g. access to setting in a web content filter) but do NOT want them to have access normally.

I need a way to require a password to access a "Parent" vault on the child devices and lock it when done.

The other way I thought to accomplish this is to have a "Parent" vault and temporarily grant access in the Families web interface to this vault while working on a machine and then remove access when done.

Thoughts?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:temporary

Comments

• Hi @Thorgrim,

Definitely an interesting idea, and a scenario that I don't believe we thought of when designing the service. I'd be happy to pass your feedback along to the development team for their consideration. Right now likely the easiest way to do this is to sign into the web interface on their device.

Thanks!

Ben

• Thorgrim
    Thorgrim
    Community Member

Signing in via the web there device... Good idea!

Except I need to remember my account key. Or do I need to only enter the account key once?

• The account key, generally, only needs to be entered once per browser. Exceptions will be if you clear the browser's local storage.

Thanks!

Ben

• Thorgrim
    Thorgrim
    Community Member

Great! That solves my issue.

Thanks!

• You're most welcome! Glad to hear that'll work for you. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.