Installing License from Teams Vault installs new License in Primary Vault

Options
smallcheese
smallcheese
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Business and Teams

Hi,

Like a good boy soldier I moved al my items into my teams vaults, but when I double click the license file to install the license, it creates a new license for me in my primary vault. Guessing that probably shouldn't be the case any longer. `(Obviously not doing this on the new Mac I mention here!)

Cheers,
Tom

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @smallcheese! That's interesting. Were you in Teams-only mode where the Primary vault doesn't exist? And does the license application create the Primary vault? If so, that makes sense. Teams doesn't need a license. Signing into your account is the license. There's simply no need to apply your license in any of the apps since they're all included in Teams. :) Hope that clears things up.

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

No, I'm not in teams only mode, this is mixed mode. When you open the license file from within 1Password it updates the license object entry to the latest installed version of the app. However, it's copying a new entry into the Primary vault, rather than updating the existing entry in the Team vault.

I know the app doesn't need the license in the teams world, it's just the expected behaviour.

• Jacob
    edited March 2016
    Options

@smallcheese Nothing too fishy here. That's how we designed the license application mechanism. You can remove the license from your vault if you'd like to go without it in the future. May as well if you're going to be using Teams. ;)

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member
    Options

The difference here though is that the license object gets stored as an attachment when I thought the move was away from attachments? . Or will Primary balls always support attachments?

I intend to keep using teams/families but shouldn't I keep it if one day I decide to go solo again?

• Jacob
    Options

@smallcheese It's stored as an attachment because it's added to the Primary vault, which does not support Documents. It's not likely we'll move away from attachments in local vaults, unless we restructure things. You can definitely keep your license if you want to go standalone one day in the future, but the good news is that you can simply request it at https://agilebits.com/store/licenses and we'll send it to the email you used during the original purchase. Of course, storing it in your vault is good too. All you need is that license file, so you can add it as a document if you'd like.

This discussion has been closed.