Filling broken on ufile.ca

Options

Hi,

Filling is broken on ufile.ca. The password gets entered, but when you submit it says the password is invalid. I flipped to not automatically submitting in case it was a race condition, but that didn't work either. Only copy and paste seems to work.

https://secure.ufile.ca/account/login.aspx?lang=E&ref=NOREFER

Also, after three failures it locks you out of your account for 15 minutes, so watch for that when testing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ufile

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @deviantintegral,

You're quite correct, filling is broken there. We do see this behaviour in some sites so I'm very confident that a small change in the right place will allow us to work here. What is happening is the field for your password starts of life as a text field and they use JavaScript to change it to a password field once you click on it and start typing your password. The problem is when 1Password saved the Login item from inside your browser it saw a password field and that's what it expects to see when it fills. Due to the JavaScript though when you go to fill it's a text field and 1Password gets confused.

Now there is a workaround that will let you get things going right now and this worked for me when I tested it just now.

1. Visit http://www.ufile.ca and click the SIGN IN button.
    2. Enter you username only and manually save a new Login item. If you're not sure our guide How to manually save a Login should help.
    3. Edit the Login item you just created.
    4. If you're on a Mac you will want to click the button titled show web form details. If you're using 1Password for Windows the web form details section is at the bottom. In both cases you're going to see a few fields. One will have the value Password and is shown to be a field of type text.
    5. Change the value from Password to whatever your real password for this site is.
    6. Change the designation of this field from none to password. In 1Password for Windows if you click on the field where it says none it will offer you a small menu and you can select the option password. In 1Password for Mac it's the right most menu option and it will be blank by default. When you click you want to pick the silhouette of a key.
    7. When you click save it should now show your username and password at the top of the Login item.

If you now reload the login page for http://www.ufile.ca and attempt to fill with this slightly different Login item do you find it does a better job of logging you in like it does for me? I'm confident there's something we can do at our end to make all of the above not required but hopefully what this workaround will let you do right now is create a working Login item that doesn't mean waiting for fix from us.

Please do let us know if you find that works for you like it did for me.

ref: BRAIN-102

• deviantintegral
    deviantintegral
    Community Member
    Options

Your steps worked for me, thanks for the workaround. It's kind of shocking to see them not using the placeholder attribute on the input field! Hopefully they'll update to modern web standards for 2016.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @deviantintegral,

We also have a bug report that I created after you brought this to our attention. While it would be amazing if web designers didn't get creative for the sake of it with login pages we have to accept there will always be somebody that does something zany for whatever reason and we need 1Password to simply work. Hopefully we can find a way to get 1Password to be aware of the oddity with this site so when it saves it does it in a way that goes "yup, that's that weird site" :smile:

This discussion has been closed.