I log into 1password Android app and see "error:cannot decrypt title 1"

Options
tammingmp
tammingmp
Community Member

After clicking on the error message, I see another error message "Error: [EncryptionException (cannot validate HMAC)] (Internal)" the error message continues. I am able to sync my data from my computer and the data is there and visible in the app. The next time I log in, I receive this error message until I re-sync again.

1Password Version: 4 for windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: wireless router
Referrer: ug:windows/preferences-backup, ug:windows/set-up-browsers, ug:windows/browser-extensions, kb-search:I have downloaded the 1Password app to my android phone. Every time I log in I get an ERROR message that says "encryption exception cannot validate HMAC", kb-search:encryption error

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @tammingmp. Thanks for contacting us about this problem today. :)

Can you clarify whether you're seeing this message when syncing? Also, are you syncing using Dropbox or Wi-Fi?

I'd like you to launch 1Password on Windows and select File > Repair 1Password Vault. Are you still seeing the error message after?

• tammingmp
    tammingmp
    Community Member
    Options

I see this error message after I sync via wi-fi. All the data originally gets synced originally. when I return to the app later is when I see the error messages. I did as you suggested and repaired 1Password vault and all was ok there and I am still having the same problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tammingmp: I'm sorry you're still having this issue! At this point, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report (for each device) and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.