Is it really not possible to wifi-sync an android device from two different computers (Macs)?

Options
snoo
snoo
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Android

I have synced my Android device with my computer. That worked really well.
But when I tried to connect my Android to another computer (with my 1password-licence) to sync from this computer, I saw that I could not change the Wifi-Sync-Settings in the Android App.

The computer i have synced with the first time was not present at that moment, so I had to re-install the 1password-app in order to set the wifi-sync to work with the second computer.. Is this really necessary or did I miss something?
It would be awesome to have the ability to sync my android from more than one computer..

(Even better would be an owncloud-Sync..)

thanks for your help,
best,
lukas

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Folder (owncloud) and Wifi
Referrer: forum-search:wifi syncing 2 computer

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @snoo. Wi-Fi sync is supported between a single Mac or PC and one or more mobile devices. It's not supported between multiple computers. Further 1Password on Android allows you to configure sync with any vault you choose, but once you've configured sync, it's not possible to change it without resetting the app.

That said, 1Password on Android and Mac have support for folder sync, so you're welcome to sync to a folder on your local drive. If you're using ownCloud, you can sync the local folder using that if you like.

Let me know if you have further questions! Thanks!

• bpmd
    bpmd
    Community Member
    Options

1Password on Android and Mac have support for folder sync

Does that mean I could turn off OPVault, sync to a folder in Google Drive, and use that vault/folder on my Mac and Android device?

• peri
    Options

You should indeed be able to do so, @bpmd, provided the folder is in .agilekeychain format, which is doable by disabling OPVault as you mentioned. Then you'll just need to configure Folder Sync on Mac, and local storage syncing on Android.

Keep in mind that since we don't have built-in support for Google Drive syncing, you may encounter some problems. We'll be happy to troubleshoot any issues you might have though!

• bpmd
    bpmd
    Community Member
    Options

Neat. I have a Nexus 6p on the way, a break from iOS. I was just going to WiFi sync, but this might work out better. Thanks for the response, @peri .

• peri
    Options

No problem at all! Let me know if you have any other questions, and enjoy your 6P! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.