Cannot create login manually

Options

Hello. I joined a new website with a login, and was never prompted to save the login by 1Password6 (Mac). Normally, I would logout, and when logging in again look to be prompted. For whatever reason, I cannot find a way to log OUT of this site. Go figure. In any event, so that I can find the login credentials at a later date, I wish to save a login manually. While on the page, I go to mini 1Password and in the tools select “save new Login”, and nothing happens. In fact, no matter what page I am on, when selecting save new login, or by pressing Command-N… nothing at all happens. I AM in fact able to save a new login in the 1Password app, but not in the mini version / Chrome. Please advise…

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:create new login, kb:autosave-did-not-appear, kb:create-multi-page-login, ug:mac/saving-a-login, kb:save-login-manually

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fixdmix,

I'm sorry you're having some difficulty saving a Login item for a site! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

If I understand, you're choosing the 'Save new Login' option in 1Password mini while viewing a page of that site while you're already signed in. If so, that's why nothing happens - the option to save a new Login only works if you're currently viewing the sign-in form of a website, and have filled in your username & password in that form. If there's no sign-in form on the page you're currently looking at, there's nothing for 1Password to save.

Of course, that brings us back to the original problem, which is that you can't figure out how to sign out of that site. If you don't mind letting us know the URL of the site you're having trouble with, maybe someone here is familiar with it and can help explain how to sign out. Alternately, you could try logging into that site from a different web browser (just make sure the 1Password extension is installed in that browser before signing in).

If it still doesn't work, and if you know your username & password, you should make sure you create a new Login item from within the main 1Password app to store that information. Login items created that way don't always work to fill a sign-in form on a website, but it's a good idea to make sure you have your login credentials recorded there for now.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.